Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Parker Tornado - Big Problem >

Parker Tornado - Big Problem

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Parker Tornado - Big Problem

Old 10-18-2012, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Parker Tornado - Big Problem

I have one of these and have shot it a gazzilion times. Not a single issue. If I knew how to post the photos of my buddy's (ER) Parker Tornado failure I would.

Here's the scenario .... 2011 model. About 50 shots total on the cross bow, using Parker's Red Hot bolts with the "Capture" nock. Using a rope cocker. Broadhead is 100 gr. Montec. Missed a doe late yesterday. Missed low at about 40 yards. Checked sight set-up at the camp later with 6 shots into a target. All good.

While cocking it his morning, both limbs split the full length, right down the centerline of the thickenss of the limbs. Left ER shaken, aggravated and with nothing but string and cams still "hooked" by the cocking rope. What gets me is that the photos show a darned near identical looking split of both limbs.

This guy is an expereinced, careful hunter that babies his gear. I would bet my best hunting dog that this cross bow has never been ill treated. ER is 100% certain that no dry fire has prevuiously occured. It has never been left is a too hot vehicle. There was no indication of immenent failure except maybe the 6 th shot at the target yesterday. It seemd to be a bit louder than the other 5. But a visual inspection did not reveal an issue.

Anyone else have a similar issue with the Tornado limbs?

I rekun my buddy ER will see just how good Parker stands behind their gear. Wow !
Old 10-19-2012, 05:31 AM
Typical Buck

Call Parker right away and let them know what happened. they will take it from there.