Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Parker Crossbow loading device >

Parker Crossbow loading device

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Parker Crossbow loading device

Old 08-30-2012, 06:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default Parker Crossbow loading device

Dilema on my Parker Tornado. Going to use it in a climbing tree stand , so can't load it in the tree for obvious reasons.

Options
1) Buy a crank loader
2) Pull string back on ground (hope anti-dry fire works) and load in tree

Any thoughts on the best option? If #2 doesn't work and ol' murphy's still alive hate to see a relatively new crossbow destroyed by dry fire.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:38 PM
Fork Horn

Talking

Dude crank the string back...climb with your stand and pull it up with a rope...dude if your that nervous with that Parker get rid of it.....
Old 08-31-2012, 07:13 AM
Spike

Pull back the string on the ground.....
Old 09-01-2012, 03:32 AM
Spike

Default Mine

I can load mine in my ladder stand, Single one. I did not think I could so I put it up by the house and practiced there, after about 15 minutes I had it down pat. I have the same bow.
Good Luck, Stan
Old 09-02-2012, 10:37 PM
Fork Horn

I have the Tornado F4 and the Anti-Dryfire on the Parker triggers is the best on the market IMO. We actually demonstrate that it does indeed work at the shop I work at, never had a failure of the Anti-Dryfire system yet.... Cock on the ground and pull up to the stand, slide arrow in and hunt.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:21 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the scoop guys. I probably won't bother with the cocking device.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Trust the anti dry fire and coc^k the cross bow on the ground. Bring it up with a lift rope.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:29 PM
Spike

I cock my Hornet Extreme on the ground and haul it up with a rope when I get in my ladderstand. Why can't you cock it in your stand? What happens if you miss your first shot? Do you climb all the way back down, cock the bow, and climb back up? I cock my bow in a ladder stand after my shot. Sometimes I can take another deer during a morning or evening hunt. I have a Lone Wolf climber and I see no reason why I couldn't cock my crossbow while in the stand. Make sure you are belted to the tree so you don't fall out and you should be good to go.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:42 AM
Fork Horn

Don't think the bar on my climber would allow loading in the air, but I'll have to look more closely. My stand is a summit viper.

Guess if I had to load in the tree I could try sticking my foot out from the bottom and if there's enough of an opening using the rope pull to load the bow. Have to do a dry run before mid October.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:11 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by bucklessyooper
Don't think the bar on my climber would allow loading in the air, but I'll have to look more closely. My stand is a summit viper.

Guess if I had to load in the tree I could try sticking my foot out from the bottom and if there's enough of an opening using the rope pull to load the bow. Have to do a dry run before mid October.

I had no problem cocking my Parker Buckbuster in my Summit Viper stand. I am shooting an Excalibur Vortex now and ground hunting cause of shoulder surgery but can't wait to get back up in a tree when I am able to to see if I can cock the Vortex in the stand also.