Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Newbie. Titan Extreme >

Newbie. Titan Extreme

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Newbie. Titan Extreme

Old 08-18-2012, 05:31 AM
Spike

Default Newbie. Titan Extreme

Just purchased the basic Titan Extreme package by ten point. I will be hunting the small eastern NC deer. What else to I need? What type of broad heads work best, practice arrows, wax, etc... Obviously I am new to the crossbow. Any advise and recommendations would be appreciated
Old 08-19-2012, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I believe 10 pt advises mechanicals, to whit, Spitfires.............
Old 08-25-2012, 10:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use 100 gr slick tricks. and also jack hammers out of my HLX,but I prefer the tricks.
Old 08-25-2012, 05:50 PM
Spike

I use 100 grain NAP Spitfires and 100 grain Slick Trick standards out my Titan HLX. If your Extreme does hav either of the Accu Draw cocking mechanisms, you will probably want a cocking rope or you could get Ten Point new Accu Rooe which is the retractable cocking rope. As far a wax I use the Scorpion Venon Wax and really like it so far. You could look at the Bow Jax dampeners and Ten Points new SDS system if you are looking additional accessories to help with any vibration and noise the bow may have. I have them on my HLX and they do make a significant difference. As far as practice arrows I just use some of the extra Pro Elite carbon arrows that I use for hunting.