Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Ten Point Crossbow Question >

Ten Point Crossbow Question

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Ten Point Crossbow Question

Old 08-13-2012, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default Ten Point Crossbow Question

I went to Bass Pro in Baltimore, MD and I looked at the Stealth XLT and the Carbon Elite XLT there is probably a 500-600 dollar diffrence is there anyone that has purchased either crossbow and which is better I'm looking to purchase a new crossbow that is a ten point in the next few weeks but I'm looking for one that is quite,narrow and very fast both of which fit the Stealth XLT and the Carbon Elite XLT.

Any suggestions would be great I'm only into ten point crossbows
Old 08-13-2012, 06:31 PM
Spike

My father has the Carbon Elite XLT and really likes this bow. As far as comparing the two, I believe the Carbon Elite was sort of made off of the Stealth frame. They both have the XLT limbs, which makes them really compact, and have a very similar stock if it is not the same. The rail is aluminum on the Stealth and Carbon on the Elite, which helps with the lighter weight on the Elite. I assume the cams are similar, but since the Elite is about 14 fps faster, there is some difference in the cams and strings. I am shooting a Ten Point Titan HLX, so I can't personally say which shoots better, but I would bet they are very similar in accuracy. If money is not an issue I would go with the Elite just for the lighter weight and bit more speed, but I definatly would not hesitate in buy the Stealth if I wanted to save some money, because like you said there is a difference in price. Personally for looks I really like the Bronze Anodized riser, rail, and cams of the Stealth as well.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:24 AM
Fork Horn

Best thing you could ever do is call David at Wyvern Creations 603-695-0575 He will gladly answer all your questions Guarenteed it will be the best phone call you ever made!
Old 08-14-2012, 11:29 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by OneBear
Best thing you could ever do is call David at Wyvern Creations 603-695-0575 He will gladly answer all your questions Guarenteed it will be the best phone call you ever made!
X-2 Best call you will make.