Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Question on Ten Point >

Question on Ten Point

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Question on Ten Point

Old 11-18-2011, 11:24 PM
Spike

Default Question on Ten Point

I was thinking about buying a crossbow and trying it for hunting. I found a new Ten Point GT Curve fully equip. for 375. Is this a good bow and is the price about right?
Old 11-19-2011, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm an Excal fan, but 10 pt is a great company, doubt you can go wrong w/ that deal/price.

Btw, drove 5 hrs one way to meet their Natl Sales Mngr Randy Wood aka 'Crossbow' in '05 at Bass Pro in Springfield, Mo.

Among other attributes I'm sure, he's a man of his word.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I have this bow for a while now and love it. I have taken four deer with it and it has worked perfectly. And that price is great!!! I paid twice that for my complete setup. go for it. If you know of a qualified dealer in your area, have them look it over for you. they would be happy to. good luck.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Only the best I have a few of them,to each his own!
Old 02-06-2012, 11:28 AM
Typical Buck

at that price you cant go wrong TenPoints are good crossbows
Old 02-06-2012, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a Ten Point. It was their 2007-08 time frame's top of the line. It shot great. Fast and very repeditively accurate. However I expereinces a potentially dangerous problem with it. I was cocking it with the hand crank. It had reached the end of the stroke. I heard the safety "click". And saw the safety indicator flip to "safe". I eased off. I had shot this 100's of times before. Blam ... it fired! Shot the string yoke about 40 feet and buried it in the dirt. Popped the cocking oke cables.

I had no fingers even close to the trigger. Right hand was on the hand crank handle. Left had was on the forearm. All clear of the rail .. not far enough as it turned out.

Ten Point has a "multiple" action that must be done in order to allow the trigger to release. It not only has to be off of safety, but also the "button" on the forearm has to be depressed. A super neat idea to help keep the shooter's front hand below the rail. I had no clue what happened.

Turned out to be a broken part in the safety mechanism. Ten Point was great about the repair. Acctually sent me what appeared to be a new unit. But ... wow. What a surprise. The lower edge of the cocking yoke did barely catch the outside edge of my left thumb. Ouch ! No other harm was done. But, now lacking confidence in this particular X-Bow, I sold it.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:10 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by htoler
at that price you cant go wrong TenPoints are good crossbows
Hey Holter! You're back! Howsyadoin?
Old 02-18-2012, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hi Henry, good to see you back!