Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Rafsob - 2  & Deer - 0 >

Rafsob - 2 & Deer - 0

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Rafsob - 2 & Deer - 0

Old 10-24-2011, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking Rafsob - 2 & Deer - 0

Bow season has been very interesting this year. I have taken two does so far. Each was a very eventful shot. I enjoyed the hunt.

The first was very shy and made eye contact as soon as she came into my area at about 0930. I waited and froze until she was behind my 25 yd marker tree. I took the shot and thought I missed her, but that was not the case. She ran at least 120 yds. after I shot her through both lungs and cut the top of her heart. She left a blood trail that a blind guy could follow. This is her after field dressing and I put her in the club cooler:

This is the entry wound:

The second doe was taken about a week later at about 1830 hrs.. At first her two kids came into my area and I watched them for about twenty minutes. The momma surprised me by coming around me and coming up under my stand. She walked away from me about twenty yds. and turned broadside and stopped after 3 or 4 steps. She looked at me and blew, then ran away. Messed up my shot, but she came back and stopped about 30 yds from me at a quartering toward me and I took the shot. She ran about 40 yds and crashed in some of the most horrible stuff I eve pulled a deer from. Had to get on my hands and knees to drag her out.

I have one more week to hunt bow and then ML season. I have four more tags. Life is good.

Oh forgot to mention, I was using a Tenpoint GT-Curve and Muzzy 3 pts.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

You just gotta love them GT Curves,congrats!!
Old 10-25-2011, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats bud! Good to see your post, been a while.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:03 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the nice doe! Them 'ol muzzy's really do the trick.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on yer deer