Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Crossbow killing power - Whitetails >

Crossbow killing power - Whitetails

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Crossbow killing power - Whitetails

Old 08-26-2012, 07:29 AM
Spike

Default 24" arrows in a 20" crossbow?

Good info in this thread. What caught my attention was dpv and his thoughts about longer arrows and flight stability.
Since I'm going to be shooting at only 20 yards (from a ground blind) off bait with my Ten Point Elite would going to a 24" arrow do any harm?

After hunting with Spitfire mechanicals for seven years and putting up with weak or no blood trails because of (my theory so far) internal (inside the deer) arrow deflection I'm on a mission to find out why and starting this year will be trying 5 different brands of heads and three arrow brands but they are all 20"?
Old 08-26-2012, 01:11 PM
Fork Horn

20" long arrows for your TenPoint are just fine and will kill any critter in North America if you do you job and hit them in the correct spot. You don't need anything longer

I've used 100gr Slick Tricks since they became available and have killed every critter I went after from grouse to moose and everything in between!
Old 08-26-2012, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

X2 on the Slicks and X3 or 4 on '86ing the Ebay Ginzu xbow............