Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
exploding parkers >

exploding parkers

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

exploding parkers

Old 10-12-2011, 12:00 PM
Spike

Which Excal is strongest seller the Parker was serviced at a dealer by the way
Old 10-18-2011, 01:57 AM
Spike

You know of 5 that explode now. I had the same thing happen to my parker terminator and know of several other people who have had the same problem with other parker crossbows. Explode was the correct description for this one! It was ****ed setting on the cabin floor and we had left for about a half an hour to retrieve a deer when we came back there were pieces and fiberglass splinters from the CB all over the cabin floor.One limb was completely shattered, it blew both limb savers and the string guide off the CB, and the stock was cracked. Some of the pieces were 15 foot from the CB so I know it was no slow breaking of the limbs like I have experienced before.I am just so grateful that no one was shooting or holding the CB when this happened. The scary part was earlier in the day there were some children that had shot that CB.I have been shooting CB's for 40 + years now, and have owned a dozen or so different makes and know many people who own all different makes and models of CB's and to parkers defense at one time or another I have seen every make of CB have some kind of problem. No cross bow manufacture is immune from breakage problems. I was just in an archery shop and they showed me 14 broken CB limbs from 6 different manufactures... that should tell you something. The most reliable, simple and easy to fix yourself CB's are without a doubt, are of the recurve variety. I own 4 CB's( 2 for deer and elk,2 for turkey) 2 are recurve one is 20 years old, all I have ever replaced on it was strings and dissipator pads,it still shoots good, just not as fast as the new ones, I use it as a back up for turkeys incase my other one breaks.(and they have on several occasions) I like the compound CB'S they shoot great if your arrow is tuned right but they just haven't proved themselves to be as reliable as the recurve CB's have. I think excaliburs best selling CB right now is the Axiom (probably because it's there cheapest offering in there line) I have shot several, they shoot good if your arrow is tuned right and they are light. I am pretty sure excal uses the same limbs all the way up and down there line so I would say the percentages of you seeing another broken limb if you buy an excal is pretty small.The only draw back as with all recurve CB's they are wide in the front, I think excals are 36" wide unstrung.Parker repaired the CB but today will be the 15 day since I sent it in and still haven't got it back yet(Which is not unusual for this time of year)That is why we have back up CB's, so we don't miss any prime time hunting waiting for our Cb's to get repaired.
Be safe out there and keep it in the kill zone.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well the first X-bow I ever had was a very early version of the Ten Point called a Hunter I have had it since 1994 way before they changed there name to 10 point it is getting worn out but it still shoots good, the second one I got so I would have a back up was a Exocet Excalibur I have had it for 7 years without any problem they both are very accurate but the Exocet has much less maintenance but is just a bit more awkward in thick brush. Them Parker's are a bit tricky they really need the Pearson nock and a shaped solid aluminium 10 inch shaft for let down for the best longevity.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:28 PM
Spike

The rest of the story(so far anyway... it ain't over yet) Got my CB back from Parker today, or should I say got a different CB back than I sent in to get repaired. They did the same thing they did to me as they did to 1deadturkey and others they sent me back a buck buster. I had spoke with Parker on the phone on several occasions to make sure the Terminator would be repaired and returned and I would not be sent the buck buster, I had even offered to pay extra money for a newer model if they could not fix the terminator, they assured me the Terminator would be repaired and returned to me. At this point I am refusing to accept the buck buster as a replacement for the terminator.(something you should have done 1deadturkey) I owned a buck buster and sold it to get a terminator, the person who bought the buck buster has experienced problems with it also. Beside the ergonomics being completely different, I find the buck buster to be a lesser quality CB than the terminator.( It was kind of like sending my pickup in for repair and getting back a passenger car) the parts on the buck buster are not the same quality that were on the terminator, they appear to be cheaper import parts. I know almost all CB manufactures in the US import parts( I think Carbon Express is the only 100% USA make) but some are much better quality than others. We pay very high prices for these crossbows(heck you can by a good rifle cheaper! that will perform and last 3 lifetimes) and we deserve and should demand quality parts on them. Right now, I hate to say it, but the cheap import CB's($200.00) seem to shooting longer with less problems than some of the higher end and higher priced($500.00 plus) CB's on the market. I only shot my terminator approximately 100 times apparently 1deadturkey did not shoot either of his very much and they broke. I know some one who is testing an import CB and claims he has shot it 1,000 plus times with no problems so far. I am not saying anyone should by a cheap import, not at all, parts for them at this time are almost impossible to get and they have very little warranty if any at all, that will change some day and if some of the higher end CB companies can't build more reliable CB's they will be forced to go out of business. One more line in the Parker story, the Buck Buster I received had no quiver mount bracket, the front end was very loose and on one rail the camo material was on half the rail the whole length.... you see what I mean! I have never seen a cheap import with those kind of quality defects brand new. I will keep you posted on the rest of the story with the Parker.
May all your hunts be fun.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I have a TenPoint GT-Curve and have enjoyed it for the last four years! So far this season I have nailed two large does. Don't think they make this model anymore, but I would recommend any of their products. Another good company to look at is the Excaliber products.

Here is my lady:

Old 12-11-2011, 04:44 AM
Spike

I bought a buck buster last year, 2nd time out i was sitting in blind and limb delaminated, got it fixed and it lasted for rest of hunting season, about 30 shots, mostly to unload it. first day out this year and limb delaminated while sitting in blind. parker sent a complete new front end which my dealer installed. lasted about 27 shots and 2 days ago same thing happened. always use only red hot accessories. my brother bought one same time as i and had the same thing happen almost immediately. took it back and dealer gave him credit for a ten point which he has not had a problem with. all the comments about a bad nock, not seated arrow etc, are really inane. bow should not delaminate limbs from a minor thing like that, and with the large number of the same complaints, i cannot believe that Parker owners are more careless than other crossbow owners. Parker has a problem with the buckbuster, which they discontinued by the way, and should own up to it and compensate purchasers of this bad equipment. my opinion.
parker has been very good about repairs, as has my dealer, but it sure is aggravating to go out hunting and have to be constantly worrying WHEN, not if, your equipment will fail.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:37 AM
Spike

I've had a buckbuster for over a year. Got about seven hundred shots on it with no problems at all. and it chronies 338.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:02 AM
Spike

And that was my hope, joeky, to purchase a quality crossbow from a reputable company and enjoy many happy days afield. alas, that was not in the cards for me, and many other owners of buckbusters. if you check the hunting and archery sights you will see that the majority of complaints are from buckbuster owners. glad you have had good luck with yours, so far. if you are ever sitting in your blind and hear the sickening cracking of your crossbow limbs, you will understand the frustration of those of us that this has happened too.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

i know this ding dong who had a few xbows blow up on him....he was using the same bolts from xbow to xbow......turned out his bolts were to light, and the xbow was basically dry firing( from what the xbow knew)...had his dogs never ate his bolts, he woulda never knows....lucky for him his fnl had some heavy ones to loan him..they worked great...one day he went and bought new ones, basically what he had before, and BOOM..IT WENT AGAIN...it has been a few years now and no explosions for him. is that what it was? we aint fer sure...but it sure seems apparent.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

that sucks... I've always heard good things about the Parker CB's....almost bought one too. Then I got a deal I couldn't turn down. A barely used Excal Vortex with EVERYTHING for $500. The guy only shot it a few times. then ended up losing his job...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.