Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
red dot or multi range scope? >

red dot or multi range scope?

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

red dot or multi range scope?

Old 08-26-2011, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bman940
Buck, I unddrstand your concern at shots over 40 yards. Here's a pic a friend took after using his Ten Point and Nikon's Bolt XR CrossBow scope to shoot a 3D deer target. 60 yards using the BDC Reticle on the Nikon Bolt XR.
Needless to say he was thrilled!
http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/...onBoltXR3d.jpg

wow! no doubt.. I like that...that's some nice shooting for sure.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:58 PM
Spike

Buck, I can't take any credit for the shooting or the owners enthusiasm after he finished. Believe me, this is not the first time I've had a guy go a little over board with compliments after using the Nikon Bolt XR on a crossbow. Like I always say, if if works.....
By the way, the Promotion on the Bolt XR is still going on for a little longer.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:26 PM
Fork Horn

thought i would update this thread, the barska 3x32 is great. got it tuned in on 10-20-30 yds, and bottom crosshair post i hold about 4-6inches high and it hits at 40. but i think with the speed of the tacoma i'll stick to 30 as my max, unless i get that just right shot at a still deer. those don't happen much, but if it does i know my bow will get it done. the barska is a good buy and i highly recommend it, now with my wifes bow on the way to horton, i'm gonna try and get her one for when it gets back. she's been using peep and pin, she didn't want to get one unless she liked crossbows. well she's a little dissapointed with her bow breaking so soon but i know horton will fix her up. thanks
Old 12-07-2012, 03:43 PM
Spike

Yeah, relying on the batteries is bad. Had to do a quick swap out due to my own idiocy of not turning it off. Fortunately the batteries for the LED lights in my hat were the same so I had two spares. Good thing too, I was a long way from the lodge or a store.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:55 PM
Fork Horn

Go with the scope...reddots are too easy to miss with....
Old 12-14-2012, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I don't have a bad thing to say about red dots. I used one for years and taken many deer with them. However, my new Horton vision came with a magnified 4x scope with multiple reticles. I am getting used to using it. I can say it gives you more options on distances.

So far I have only shot one doe this year and I was comfortable with the new scope. go with the one you are most comfortable with and more used to.