Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Migration to crossbows......age >

Migration to crossbows......age

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Migration to crossbows......age

Old 05-31-2011, 09:01 AM
Spike

After reading all of your post, it seems that most have given up their compound bows because you can not draw them. Has anyone considered putting Draw-Locs on your bow? They have been out for years and now have a brand new version that has a anti-dryfire system, its a pretty advanced system. You can draw your 70 lbs, without a ****ing devise, bow back with your foot and keep it at full draw until ready to shoot. Your bow will be quite, fast, accurate, weigh less than most crossbow, easy and fun to shoot, and will save you lots of $$$$$. Search "draw loc" to see what it is about. It can keep you shooting your bow for years to come.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

About the same situation that I found my self in a few years back. Blew out a by-cep (2 ruptures). Still cannot manage holding steady. Even after surgery, just too much pain for me. Been using a cross bow since the initial injury. Having the legal option to hunt with a X-Bow has salvaged 3 seasons of archery hunting for me. Still have my SQ-2 and working on getting stronger in my left arm and shoulder. Either way, Lord willing, I'll be out there Oct. 15, 2011 ... SQ-2 or Parker Tormado in hand.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

[I was at a party, and told a friend of mine that I'd be back in the fall woods with a crossbow. Now, I've known and hunted with him for 15 years....he actually turned his head away and would not look at me or talk to me. I ignored his ignorance then, and do so today when faced with it from others.[/quote]

Some friend, hardly worth having, IMO. Wondering what his response would be if you really had to count on his support.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:23 PM
Spike

i really don't know what i'd do ifin i had that kinda attitude roun here.
tha guys here don't giva dam what ya shoot'n wif.... just down foul there hunt
an don't do nuthin elegal. don't throw golden acorns out during season...
or sweet taters either......
and don't mess witha camp. after dark, don't drink beer thats not yours and don't make noise and wake hunters before the perfect time !!!!
if ya gotta verticle, horizontal, centerfire, cap & ball, shotshell or handgun... we gotta
hunt together, its easy as that.... ifin ya don't like it... don't let tha gate hit ya inya @$$
and remember to leave your gate key with me
Old 06-01-2011, 03:41 AM
Spike

jag101.....unfortunately, sold my Mathews so I could by my crossbow. Don't have a compound to try it on.....

maybe you know, but others have told me that they're (draw-locs) are not good for your compound....they tell me that vertical bow limbs are not designed to be kept at full draw for extended periods of time.....being uneducated in this area, my only argument would be..if this is true, no one would be buying them....not much of an argument, I know...but, its all I got
Old 06-01-2011, 11:35 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by jag101
After reading all of your post, it seems that most have given up their compound bows because you can not draw them. Has anyone considered putting Draw-Locs on your bow? They have been out for years and now have a brand new version that has a anti-dryfire system, its a pretty advanced system. You can draw your 70 lbs, without a ****ing devise, bow back with your foot and keep it at full draw until ready to shoot. Your bow will be quite, fast, accurate, weigh less than most crossbow, easy and fun to shoot, and will save you lots of $$$$$. Search "draw loc" to see what it is about. It can keep you shooting your bow for years to come.

so what is the main difference between using a crossbow and using a draw loc system on a verticle bow? Both allow you to draw the string to full draw and then hold it there for a long period of tiem. Both allow you to lauch an arrow at a target. The only difference really is that one is held verticle and one is held horizontal. The use of the weapon should be up to a hunter and their own capabilities and desires.

Would you want someone to judge you on the way you hunt even though you are conforming to all regulations of the area wher you will hunt. The snobbish attitudes are one of the reason hunting is in the shape it is in today. When ever hunters decide to get back to the basics and respect all other hunters and their methods then this will become a better sport again.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:16 PM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

All off us guys and gals, that bad shoulders can't hold the bow up any more, pain and there weak. Draw locks are good but they just add more weight.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:04 AM
Spike

I would not let an uninformed so called, fellow hunter, keep me or in any way ruin my hunting expierence! It's your choice. Hunting with your legal weapon of choice is YOUR decision. If any so called friend or hunter does not agree with your choice so be it! Enjoy the Autumn woods!!!!