Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Barnett Owners-Reviews Please! >

Barnett Owners-Reviews Please!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Barnett Owners-Reviews Please!

Old 02-09-2011, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Barnett Owners-Reviews Please!

Here is yer chance tell all about yer model & how its performed. Give us the time owned all the good & any not so good & or bad that has happened. Only those who have owned a Barnett please. Thar have been a few models thru the yrs that were decent shooting. reckon the Rhino was one of'em. Thank you

Last edited by smokepolehall; 02-09-2011 at 11:09 AM.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:08 PM
Super Moderator

I own a Quad 400 avi. Bought new in 2010.The only problem I have been having is the serving keeps coming loose. I also feel that it is a bit heavy and to look through the scope I have to tilt my head quite a bit to the right (over top of the stalk). I have shot it maybe 100 times and taken 1 deer with it (passthru of a 160 lb buck) using grim reaper 100g heads. One pin out to 30 yards. I can not complain about the accuracy at all as I can not aim at the same spot with out robin hooding the bolts.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I would probably rate it a 6.5 to 7. The weight and how I have to look thru the scope are the main problems so far.

Last edited by kellyguinn; 02-09-2011 at 02:10 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:47 PM
Spike

Default Barnett Quad 400 AVI

I have a Quad 400 AVI I bought new 01/12/2011 it was very acc. Have shot it around 20 times before putting a HHAspeed dial on it which jacked the scope up where you don`t have to lean your head over. Started setting the 3x9 scope and first shot 6" high adjusted and 2nd shot dead center and a big supprize!! the front end broke off the stock where the quiver mounts on. Sent the bow back to Barnett on 2/14/11 Shot fine other than that.Hasn`t been returned yet ,maybe Tues. I hope and maybe with a newer style stock that want break.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:23 PM
Typical Buck

Also own a quad AVI. I have two issues with the bow #1 is that I had the safty stick and I had to push it back and forth several times before I could pull the trig and get a shott off (cost me a 125 class buck), The other issue and I do not know if it is the way the bow is designed but when you knock a bolt it jumps up a hair in the rear when it comes in contact with the string. I am also using barnett bolts too.