Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Thoughts of New CB's ? >

Thoughts of New CB's ?

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Thoughts of New CB's ?

Old 02-05-2011, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Thoughts of New CB's ?

Well has anyone decide to buy a new CB fer this yr ? Hunting-Targets-3-D's ? Lets hear which one has gotten yer attention or curousity ?
Old 02-06-2011, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dnk's Scorpyd 125 made a big impression on me. Best described as looking thru scope w/ xbow on sand bags, centering xhairs on bull and then realizing the fletch was dead center already, lol.

Didn't realize it had fired, that smooth.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey friend awshucks, yup that Scorpyd is a fine act. Too bad its 2 months disability ck's. I have been oglin that Strykezone 350 thats less than one month ck. Appears they can be had fer under MSRP. Now i remember why i don't come here more often, less ppl here than at a funeral!
Old 02-07-2011, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not sure why but with two Excals in the closet I am beginning to think on trying a bow from a different manufacturer. I just KNOW that whatever happens along will not be anywhere as easy to maintain as an Excal and I will have to worry about bow presses and such.

It's just too confusing with all the new and different stuff on the market AND what seems like a trend to make them scary. I need more reviews and imput before I start dropping what's gonna be big money.

Fact is here in MA I bet I couldn't even find a dealer that had a Scorpyd that I could fondle. I'm guessing my local Bass pro shop has nothing that would even peak my interest.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, the Bowtech xbows are out for me. I'm not about to ship one to a dealer to get it serviced or warrantied. Used is out too, as their warranty is for OP only.

You're even further in the sticks than me, Mikey.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Spect i would build myself a press, side Miss Vixen is my main squeeze. The Strykezone would only have light duty chores. Warranty thats why i have Miss Vixen as i wouldn't miss nary a day of hunting!
Old 02-07-2011, 02:02 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I'm not thinking about buying a new bow.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Fork Horn

I got the Horton realtree ultralite, so far pretty impressed, can't wait to use it during a hunt, might take it on spring black bear hunt.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Dnk
I'm not thinking about buying a new bow.
No, you're prob flat azz plannin on one. You're the EverReady bunny of bow buyers.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

DNK how is yer new Koda ? lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.