Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Barnett Predator >

Barnett Predator

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Barnett Predator

Old 02-04-2011, 05:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey someone who knowed how to set up a Poll on newer models of Barnetts say in the past 7 yrs. To see those who own or shot them. Plus those that have had to have repairs done because the CB including string & harness/cable damage. Pic's of damaged models would be a plus!
Old 02-04-2011, 07:21 AM
Fork Horn

ALmost all of the Barnett owners in this area do not shoot more than 50 arrows a year. A few will shoot 100 times in a year but those people are few and far between. Of all the crossbows I see that have "issues" or are broken, shattered, etc; 98% are Barnetts.

People who shoot in excess of 750 shots a season all have Ten Points, Excaliburs, Parkers or Bow Tec
There are a few Horton owners mixed in but most of those people shoot under 100 times a year.

Given that type of usage; the Barnett owners believe their crossbows are great.
I would be curious to hear what they think if they were to shoot in excess of 750 times a year like myself and others do

Last edited by OneBear; 02-05-2011 at 04:37 AM. Reason: grammar corrections
Old 02-04-2011, 01:54 PM
Fork Horn

So what do you shoot smokepole because a bow that reliable would be useful. So if i need to stay away from barnett what brand is easy to use yet gets over 300 fps. my dad wants one that is easy to use and is still fast so any suggestion on the brand that will get this done?
Old 02-04-2011, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

pm[s] sent, goofed number on 1st
Old 02-04-2011, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Best thing you can do is have yer Father try out CB's like picking out yer shoes n Boots. See what fits & is comfortable. Ah the speed thing its great if'en 80% of yer shots are over 35 yds. I own & shoot a 13 yr old Vixen, together we avg. 1000-1500 shots a yr in practice. I have killed a truck load or 3 of Tick Toters using CB's.