Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Hi, all! Need Help Picking A Good Crossbow! >

Hi, all! Need Help Picking A Good Crossbow!

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Hi, all! Need Help Picking A Good Crossbow!

Old 10-17-2010, 08:31 AM
Spike

Default Hi, all! Need Help Picking A Good Crossbow!

Hi, I am new to the forum and new to cross bows. I need some advice on a good xbow package for around $400.00 if it is possible. Any help would be very helpful. Thanks.
Old 10-17-2010, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wyvern Creations best help you can get 603 659 0575
David will help you with what you need at the best price!
Old 10-17-2010, 04:30 PM
Spike

Under $400, Wicked Ridge Invader, by TenPoint. Very accurate, excellent quality.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:32 AM
Spike

I picked up the Wicked Ridge Invader 180 lb. draw weight with built in rope-****er for $499 at Gander Mountain. I took my first deer with it this weekend, a spike. I've shot it probably 50 times and it shoots well and as accurate as you are. The Wicked Ridge Warrior is also a good shooting crossbow at 165 lb. draw weight. The only thing I may chance is to a mult-recticle scope instead of the red/green dot.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:53 AM
Spike

Default Awesome!

Now I have some choices. I am going to steer away from barnett. I have not read a lot of good about them. I am also going to call david and see if he can work a miracle with my small budjet. I am also going to checkout that tenpoint. Thanks
Old 10-21-2010, 02:04 PM
Spike

Smile David is AWESOME!

I just got off the phone with David and all I have to say is WOW! He has to be one of the nicest people I have talked to in a long time. I was a little embarrassed because I do not have alot of money to spend on a xbow. It really does not matter. He is out to make sure that you get a good quality bow that makes you comfortable and happy. To me that means alot. I want to thank the people that recommended him very much. I will be buying my first xbow from him for sure!! Now I just have to wait 2 weeks till I move to Va. Longest 2 weeks of my life! LOL!
Old 10-21-2010, 05:46 PM
Spike

I bought a Parker Enforcer 160 seems like good quality and shots really good, havent taken a deer yet but when I see the one I wont I`m pretty sure he`s down.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:45 AM
Spike

redflash, i bought a enforcer myself and love it. i called david and ordered mine from him after holding one at a big box store. those guys were not in the least interested in helping me out so i came home, got on the net and found david at wyvern. left it up to him on the arrows and broad heads and field points. i was very happy. it is a shooter for sure. my budget was exactly the same as this poster and david got me in the game. IMO david is the man when it comes to crossbows.good huntin ev1. JJ

Last edited by justjames; 10-23-2010 at 05:50 AM.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:12 PM
Spike

David suggested the wicked ridge invader and the parker enforcer. Which one do you think would be better for hunting? I can't make up my mind. Thanks
Old 10-24-2010, 06:22 PM
Spike

I have the Parker Enforcer and love it.It only took six shots to zero and it's sweet.Don't know about the other Brand.Parker offers a lifetime warranty.