HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Crossbows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows-76/)
-   -   Hi, all! Need Help Picking A Good Crossbow! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows/332055-hi-all-need-help-picking-good-crossbow.html)

reddheadnla 10-17-2010 08:31 AM

Hi, all! Need Help Picking A Good Crossbow!

Hi, I am new to the forum and new to cross bows. I need some advice on a good xbow package for around $400.00 if it is possible. Any help would be very helpful. Thanks.

coyote170 10-17-2010 12:34 PM

Wyvern Creations best help you can get 603 659 0575
David will help you with what you need at the best price!

FirstNation 10-17-2010 04:30 PM

Under $400, Wicked Ridge Invader, by TenPoint. Very accurate, excellent quality. :wink:

Keithb 10-20-2010 10:32 AM

I picked up the Wicked Ridge Invader 180 lb. draw weight with built in rope-****er for $499 at Gander Mountain. I took my first deer with it this weekend, a spike. I've shot it probably 50 times and it shoots well and as accurate as you are. The Wicked Ridge Warrior is also a good shooting crossbow at 165 lb. draw weight. The only thing I may chance is to a mult-recticle scope instead of the red/green dot.

reddheadnla 10-21-2010 05:53 AM

Awesome!

Now I have some choices. I am going to steer away from barnett. I have not read a lot of good about them. I am also going to call david and see if he can work a miracle with my small budjet. I am also going to checkout that tenpoint. Thanks

reddheadnla 10-21-2010 02:04 PM

David is AWESOME!

I just got off the phone with David and all I have to say is WOW! He has to be one of the nicest people I have talked to in a long time. I was a little embarrassed because I do not have alot of money to spend on a xbow. It really does not matter. He is out to make sure that you get a good quality bow that makes you comfortable and happy. To me that means alot. I want to thank the people that recommended him very much. I will be buying my first xbow from him for sure!! Now I just have to wait 2 weeks till I move to Va. Longest 2 weeks of my life! LOL!

redflash 10-21-2010 05:46 PM

I bought a Parker Enforcer 160 seems like good quality and shots really good, havent taken a deer yet but when I see the one I wont I`m pretty sure he`s down.

justjames 10-23-2010 05:45 AM

redflash, i bought a enforcer myself and love it. i called david and ordered mine from him after holding one at a big box store. those guys were not in the least interested in helping me out so i came home, got on the net and found david at wyvern. left it up to him on the arrows and broad heads and field points. i was very happy. it is a shooter for sure. my budget was exactly the same as this poster and david got me in the game. IMO david is the man when it comes to crossbows.good huntin ev1. JJ

reddheadnla 10-23-2010 05:12 PM

David suggested the wicked ridge invader and the parker enforcer. Which one do you think would be better for hunting? I can't make up my mind. Thanks

RangerJ 10-24-2010 06:22 PM

I have the Parker Enforcer and love it.It only took six shots to zero and it's sweet.Don't know about the other Brand.Parker offers a lifetime warranty.