Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

what to do?

Old 09-16-2010, 10:55 AM
Fork Horn

Default what to do?

i have horton tacoma that has a peep and pin sight on it, i have it set at 30yds and are hitting good. my wife just surprised me with a new scope mount and a new 3dot scope, should i try and install this scope or use my pin sight till end of season? another thing to consider as well is we are getting mid 90's for temps for at least a week, so i won't be going out till it cools a little. my season runs till late january, thanks for any help.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:10 AM
Fork Horn

Pretty easy choice here. Scope. You are welcome.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:17 PM
Fork Horn

Put the scope on, you have plenty of time to get used to it !!!!
Old 09-16-2010, 03:04 PM
Fork Horn

i tell you, you guy's were right on the mark. it didn't take no time to sight in, i was a little low and left first shot. shot #6 was right in the bulleye, 7th and last shot damaged #6 arrow. i can't believe how much more consistant this scope is compared to pins, the pin was good but this scope is amazing. and i'm not just saying this to get more good stuff from my wife, this was my first crossbow and i know its not one of the expensive ones but i'm tickled to death. i may even take on this summer heat to go huntin. thanks
Old 09-16-2010, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

90? Degrees?! Not here.

Fall has sprung,
the grass's neigh friz
Where in the hell
our flowers is?

Gonna get down to 34 F tonight; won't have to worry about bugs. Season opens Sat. Starting to see scrapes. I'm ready.