Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Boo's Trigger Magic >

Boo's Trigger Magic

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Boo's Trigger Magic

Old 08-13-2010, 04:57 PM
JBO
Spike

Default Boo's Trigger Magic

Boo's magic touch......
I sent my Vortex trigger assembly to Don for his magic touch. After receiving the trigger back I was excited to get to the basement and assemble everything an give it a test run.
Let me first say boy's and girls don't try this at home. Really, Don knows what he's doing and he doesn't change the weight or sear. Besides being a danger to yourself and everyone around you it would probably void any warranty from Excalibur.
As I was assembling the bow I noticed the string claw was also reworked and had a mirror like finish. After assembly and checking everything twice I pulled my custom Boo string back, locked and loaded firing a few down range. Well, after the first arrow I was surprised but in a good way and couldn't wait to load another arrow just make sure what I had just experienced. All I could say after each time I loaded and fired an arrow was "WOW " what a difference.
Excalibur's trigger's are pretty good to start but after Don worked his magic it's closer to spectacular now. It's smooth and crisp and a pleasant surprise when it goes off. I put Don's trigger work in the same high quality as his Boo custom strings and for those of us fortunate enough to shoot his strings know the passion he puts into his work.
Thanks Don great job

JBO
Vortex
Custom Boo string
Lumi-Zone
Slick Tricks
NRA
Old 08-15-2010, 04:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Boo does an expert trigger job, he builds some of the best custom strings also.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:36 PM
Spike

I have also had my trigger done by Boo, I cant believe the difference! Its money well spent.