Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Parker Tornado

Old 08-05-2010, 05:48 AM
Spike

Default Parker Tornado

Hello, newbie here to crossbows as well as this site. I have done research and this web site is the most informative by far...I have shot some crossbows and the Parker Tornado seems to shoulder the best as well as feels the best to me, as well as the cyclone. That being said I spoke with Dave at wyvern and he said he sells more Tornados then Cyclones, (i think i was hung up on the 10fps faster to be honest) however I am 6'2" and in reading some of the posts I understand that if you are a larger person the Tornado may not be the one for me do to the trigger or the position of my hand /finger for the squeeze of the trigger. Any larger fellas out there shooting a Tornado that have big hands? And if so any kind of input would be greatly appreciated. God Bless
Old 08-05-2010, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot a Cyclone, among others, and am familiar with the Tornado.
Be sure to shoot the bow in addition to handling it. The bullpup stock of the Tornado makes it more compact, however, it requires linkage between the trigger the action so the trigger can be positioned far enough forward. Seems that causes it's trigger pull to be around somewhat heavy (6 lbs, according to some). Have noticed more than a few posts asking if anything can be done to lighten it's trigger (not likely). I have big hands too and didn't find that to be an issue with the T, however, not likely I could get used to a heavy trigger since mine are all under 4; and my guns are at least 1.5 lbs lighter than that
Old 08-05-2010, 08:46 AM
Spike

Thanks for the advise. I will shoot it at cabelas this weekend. I would think that with a heavy trigger there is that possibility for user error, as opposed to squeezing you may just pulling or jerking the trigger. with your cyclone do you use the deluxe rope so as no to scratch the sides of the rail and if so any problems out of it? Heard that they are subject to breaking at the roller itself.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:14 PM
Fork Horn

The Tornado is one of the best shouldering bows I know of.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Yancho
Thanks for the advise. I will shoot it at cabelas this weekend. I would think that with a heavy trigger there is that possibility for user error, as opposed to squeezing you may just pulling or jerking the trigger. with your cyclone do you use the deluxe rope so as no to scratch the sides of the rail and if so any problems out of it? Heard that they are subject to breaking at the roller itself.
I do use the Red Hot ****er. No problems whatsoever. I heard of one breaking from reading posts. As with anything else, one is an incidence IMO, noithing more or less. And yes it does keep the rail from being scratched.