Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
FUSION V BLAZERS, initial reaction >

FUSION V BLAZERS, initial reaction

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

FUSION V BLAZERS, initial reaction

Old 07-02-2010, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default FUSION V BLAZERS, initial reaction

All the talk about Fusions peaked my interest, and not being able to leave well enough alone, I purchase some along with 12 GTs and let er rip. Here are my immediate reactions:
1) The Fusion has a lower profile (by .102", which may be of interest for those whose Blazers are scraping bottom.
2) The base of the Fusion is .009" wider, for what that's worth, but also not as stiff as a Blazer's
3) Had more problems getting the Fusion to glue on, maybe because my aging eyes had a harder time picking up the glue line on the transparent base. (Using Gorilla cyanoacrelate glue).
4) Fusion have more surface area, causing my arrow to hit about 3/4" lower at 30 yards that Blazer. This was apparent when using identical arrow and Blazered Firebolts that weigh the same.
5) Fusion were no more accurate than Blazers, in fact slightly less so. To be fair,the wind is gusting somewhat today and, while I tried to shoot between gust, it may have been a factor.
6) Fusion are a tad stiffer, FWIW.
I still have a a passthough test to run to determine which stands up better but the rising temp is making it less fun to shoot today.

Immediate reaction: While they have looks and new going for them,IMO there is no reason to change from Blazers to Fusion if you Blazers are performing now.

Last edited by Cossack; 07-02-2010 at 12:17 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:53 AM
Fork Horn

I had much the same, but the poi was the same. I did like the way the fusions fletched. The clear base allows the fletcher to see that the glue is smeared with no air gaps. I prefer the Duravane Predators than both mentioned above. Stiff and low profile!