Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Has anyone got any news on NC? >

Has anyone got any news on NC?

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Has anyone got any news on NC?

Old 06-20-2010, 10:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default Has anyone got any news on NC?

I'm just waiting to use the crossbow I bought last year. I like bow hunting, but I'm all for using different technology if it exists and provides a comparable handicap. Vertical or horizontal, it's still a bow. Are we going to have a season this year or what? I wouldn't care if they said you can't use it until black powder season, I'd be glad to use it then (after all I did spend the money on it), just so I have the option to use it.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:33 PM
Typical Buck

Got this in a NC wildlife update it is a bit confusing what do you think.

Legislative Update With the North Carolina General Assembly back in session, many of you are wondering about the status of rules sent for legislative review last year.
The N.C. Rules Review Commission sent the rules for review due to written opposition. By law, legislators have 30 days from the start of the legislative session to propose a bill disapproving a rule. If no bill is proposed, the rule automatically goes into effect. If a bill is introduced, the rule becomes effective on the earlier of either the day an unfavorable final action is taken on the bill or the day that session adjourns without ratifying the bill to disapprove the rule.
Bills to disapprove rules passed by the N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission have been introduced and referred either to the Rules, Calendar and Operation of the House committee or to the Rules and Operation of the Senate committee. These bills must receive favorable votes from both the House and Senate chambers of the General Assembly before they become law. If they do not pass both chambers by the end of this legislative session, the Commission’s rules will go into effect.
Bills introduced disapproving the Commission's rules are:
HB 1857 = SB 1173 Crossbow Use/Disapprove Rule
HB 1858 = SB 1144 Disapprove Deer Season Rule Change
HB 1930 Disapprove Rule Change/Sunday Hunting
HB 1918 Disapprove Rule Change/Sale of Live Foxes
The N.C. General Assembly's website is a great tool for tracking legislation. For more information on how to track legislation, go to the General Assembly's tracking page.
As the process moves forward, we will continue to keep you informed. Meanwhile, for more information on the delayed rules, see the Delayed Regulations Fact Sheet. For information on the rulemaking process, download “From Proposal to Regulation.”
Back to the top
NewsMartin