Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Help w/Barnett Wildcat >

Help w/Barnett Wildcat

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Help w/Barnett Wildcat

Old 01-23-2010, 11:07 AM
Spike

Default Help w/Barnett Wildcat

Hey all,
I seem to be having a problem with my new Barnett WildcatC5.
When I c**k it(with a Barnett Rope C**king Device) the string travels
back evenly,but as soon as it is locked it cants off to one side(the right)It is noticeably off by the the string marking. I have tried pulling very slowly,watching carefully for any off-center pulling,but like I said,it's straight until it actually locks in place. I checked the tiller and everything is even and aligned. Any advice? TIA
Xero
Old 01-23-2010, 01:56 PM
Fork Horn

Welcome to the site!! I don't think that can happen, but.... Try a dab of white out in the center of the serving. When it gets locked and ****ed it should be in the center still!! If you see it off to one side, then take it back and get warranty. Or you might try calling the mfg. Just to make sure that this is what you are doing!! You put the 2 hooks on either side, one on one side and the other well the other side. The rope is below the scope on the stock notch, the handles in your hands and you pull up and lock the string in place. I have to ask!!
Old 01-23-2010, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

If yer c0cking with a rope c0cker its pulling up even. You mayhave stretched string or cable making it a cam timing issue.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 3Children
Welcome to the site!! I don't think that can happen, but.... Try a dab of white out in the center of the serving. When it gets locked and ****ed it should be in the center still!! If you see it off to one side, then take it back and get warranty. Or you might try calling the mfg. Just to make sure that this is what you are doing!! You put the 2 hooks on either side, one on one side and the other well the other side. The rope is below the scope on the stock notch, the handles in your hands and you pull up and lock the string in place. I have to ask!!
How's he supposed to see the center of the string once it's c0cked?

Like above post, if you mark both sides of the string serving even w/ rail at rest, use a rope c0cker, and they aren't even when c0cked, it's a warranty issue.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:25 AM
Spike

Default Thank you

Thanks to all the replies. I kinda figured it might be a cam issue. I'll
contact Barnett tomorrow,see what they say. One thing,when the bow is at rest,the cross of the cable that goes under the stock
is off to one side. Don't know if this makes a difference,but I will mention it. Thanks again for the help.
Xero
Old 01-24-2010, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Some one else had this very same problem on crossbownation and they had to send it in for repair. Had something to do with the trigger assemblie.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:00 PM
Spike

It sounds like a timing problem. If you can take it to a crossbow friendly pro shop than they can check the timing. Otherwise it sounds like a limb issue (missmatched weight limbs) and you will need to return the bow to Barnett. The WC is their best bow (least problematic and lightest) IMO.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:40 AM
Spike

I called Barnett and they said it probably was a timing or limb issue.
I am returning it for service and hopefully the problem will be resolved.
Thanks again for all the help.
Xero
Old 02-01-2010, 03:53 AM
Spike

Let us know what they find. I also have a C5 and love it.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:30 AM
Nontypical Buck