Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
strenth to draw 175 pound recurve? >

strenth to draw 175 pound recurve?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

strenth to draw 175 pound recurve?

Old 11-01-2009, 05:13 PM
Spike

Default strenth to draw 175 pound recurve?

Hi everyone
I'm about to buy my first crossbow. Compound is killing my shoulder and standing up most of the time hurts (man at 51 I'm falling apart LOL). Exaggerateing a little but I think I would enjoy my hunt if I could sit down and not have to think about drawing and being busted. I'm thinking Excalibur Phoenix but wondering about how hard it is to draw it using the string that comes with the bow?

I'm doing OK with my compound got a 6 and 9 point this year

Thanks and I'm enjoying this forum.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just happens to be my favorite bow to shoot of the three I own. Much easier to **** than the (allegedly) 165 lb Cyclone or the 200 lb Vortex. I can shoot the Phoenix repeatedly despite having both arms surgically repaired and twice-cut back. This is a great bow with more than enough power for deer, bear, even elk. It's easy on serving, arrows and targets yet no problem hitting a 3" target at 50 yards. Uisng a LumiZone scope enables me to match the multiple aimpoint with the trjectory of the arrows I'm using.
BTW, if you like the Phoenix, take a gander at the Ibex, same bow but with thumbhole stock. Exalibur is know for durability, simplicity, ease of maintenace, accuracy and outstanding customer service. And you can un**** the bow without having to shoot it.
Finally: http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/php...97845458fb659a
Old 11-01-2009, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good advice!
Old 11-02-2009, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

The rope c0cker cuts the effort in half. The Phoenix is a sweet bow and Excal has the best warranty service out there if you ever need it. His name is Danny Miller and he's a wealth of knowledge, give him a call at [740] 483-2312, he may be able to meet your best price.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:14 PM
Spike

Well I did it. Just got off the phone with David form Wyvern Creation, got a Excalibur Phoenix on the way. David was very helpfull and did not push anything just explaned what extras I could chose from, what I need now and what I can get later. It's Christmas already LOL.

Thanks for replys
Old 11-03-2009, 06:53 PM
Fork Horn

haha it * out
c o c k
Old 11-03-2009, 07:26 PM
Fork Horn

I have 5 vertabrae bolted together and both shoulders rebuilt. And I'm all of 5'-8" tall and weigh 160 lbs. That being said, I have a Barnett Wildcat and rope ****er. The rope ****er gives you a 2:1 mechanical advantage (if your x-bow is designed to use one) and I was surprised how easy it is to use.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:22 AM
Spike

Default Rope ****er

I use a rope c o c k e r to c o c k the bow.Also great to u n c o c k it too.
I am 53 years old and try to do things EASIER and SMATER as I get older.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by w8cop
I use a rope c o c k e r to c o c k the bow.Also great to u n c o c k it too.
I am 53 years old and try to do things EASIER and SMATER as I get older.
See you beat the filter, lol. c0ck works too.