Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

crossbow help

Old 09-30-2009, 12:03 PM
Spike

Default crossbow help

hey guys, im new on herejust wantting to get some help with sighting my crossbow in.

i have a pse viper, copperead crossbow. i have never done any crossbow hunting or even bow hunting for that matter. i was just wondering...

1. if i can use an extra rifle scope i have laying around on the crossbow.

2. if i dont use that scopei willbe using the pin and peep sights that came on it. that is where im getting confused. i havent got the slightest idea how to sight it in with those sights. so i guess my question is how do i sight the thing in?

any help is greatly appreciated. thanks guys.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:31 PM
Spike

I am new to crossbows myself but have been shooting vertical bow for years. I would start out at 10 yards and see where you hit on the target. Then I would adjust the sights. Always follow your arrow.If it hits to the right move your sights to the right and so on for left and up and down. You don't have to move them much to get it to change, so do it a little at a time.Then after you get it hitting on at 10 yds move out to 20 yds and then 30yds and so on. As far as your scope you could use it until you could afford a Xbow scope ,I have read where some guys on different sites are using rifle scopes. But crossbow scopes are made different to hold up to the shock, and the have more than one cross hair so you can adapt to different yardages. If you are interested I have a new 3 dot lighted scope (Barnett ,Quad III) you can have cheap. Email me @ [email protected]. With the 3 dots you can adjust you aim points for different yardages
Hope this helps you out
Dave C

Last edited by clap; 09-30-2009 at 12:34 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Call David at Wyvern Creations about a Hawke scope
very reasonabley priced and a Dot scope cant hold a candle
to it!603 659 0575 best deal you will get any where!