Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Hey Wyvern

Old 09-21-2009, 05:10 PM
Spike

Default Hey Wyvern

Wyvern have a question for you, I have a Summit 150 HD and with Blazer vanes the barrel is not deep enough and the **** vane hits a very little. Would it hurt to cut a little off without affecting flight? Or shoud I go with the 2" Duravane (Predator) since they are not quite so high. And if so where would be a good place to get them. Don't have any place in my area to buy. The archery shops around here are few and far between and they don't carry much anyway.
Dave C
Old 09-22-2009, 04:48 AM
Fork Horn

We have trimmed the **** vane on a number of bows that have rail interferance and had not noticable diferance in arrow flight. The Blazers are pretty flexable and you can cut off a bit and it does not seem to hurt. Myself I would say cut first before you have to go and re-fletch, however, if you want to change the fletch most archery stores including me can set you up with the Duravanes if you prefer.
Wyvern
Old 09-26-2009, 01:30 PM
Spike

Hey David I got my stuff in the mail today. With your alum nocks and the 125 grn tips my arrows are comming in at 424.6 grns. with the blazers. So I think that is alot better than the 400.5 for my CB
Thanks for the stuff and all your info. I also found some 125grn broadheads with the 1" dia. cut. Pouring rain here now so as soon as it quits I will give them a try.
Thanks again David
Dave C
Old 09-27-2009, 04:08 AM
Fork Horn

Thank you
Let us know how they work

Wyvern