Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Lighted Nocks

Old 09-08-2009, 01:11 PM
Spike

Default Lighted Nocks

I have been using the Lighted Tracer Nocks by Easton on my bolts for almost a year now. I really like the way they light, but have had several problems with them after a few shots. The batteries of some of them have given off from the nock, some just stop lighting, and some just won’t stop blinking until they die. The problems have occurred always after shooting them with my x bow. I think that the stress provided by the kinetic energy it’s just too much for them. I really like shooting lighted nocks; can anyone here recommend me some that really work? By the way Lumenocks have also failed me after a few shots.

I shoot a tenpoint phantom slc.

Tks. Paparrucho.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:00 PM
Typical Buck

Default lighted nocks

I also shoot the Tracers out of a Ten Point Curve Xbow. I have had no problems whatsoever with them. I shot them in my other Ten Point Xbow before I sold it to buy the new curve. The only thing is the magnet has to be in the right place on the bow for them to work right ever time. Also I didn't get them to lite at all after one year. New tracers had to be bought and installed. I don't like that about them. If a company put out a lighted nock that worked like the tracers with replacable batteries, even at a higher price tag, I'd buy them in a minute. Oh well, can't have it all I guess.
BBO
Old 09-09-2009, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm shooting the Luminock and the Firenocks. Lumis is my Phoenix and Vortex. Work great but the battery is not replaceable. No magnets, prepping the back of the carbon arrow (sanding lightly0 is essential to good operation. Firenocks, in my Cyclone. Expensive. WQork great, can change battery. Both add about 15g to back of arrow over usual nock. FWIW, only use them for low light conditions.
Cost of arrow with Firenocks (+$30)! Becomes questionable if worth it, since even a lighted arrow - buried in woods litter- won't be found.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:22 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Cossack
I'm shooting the Luminock and the Firenocks. Lumis is my Phoenix and Vortex. Work great but the battery is not replaceable. No magnets, prepping the back of the carbon arrow (sanding lightly0 is essential to good operation. Firenocks, in my Cyclone. Expensive. WQork great, can change battery. Both add about 15g to back of arrow over usual nock. FWIW, only use them for low light conditions.
Cost of arrow with Firenocks (+$30)! Becomes questionable if worth it, since even a lighted arrow - buried in woods litter- won't be found.
Well I guess the next thing will be a lighted arrow that starts beeping after 5 minutes or so after it's shot so we can find dem dar arrows burried in woods litter huh? LOL
BBO
Old 09-14-2009, 05:04 AM
Spike

You may think a beeping arrow is silly but when you hunt in a farm community like I do leaving an arrow lay out in a tillable field with a stainless steel broad head mounted on it waiting for a expensive tractor tire to come along somehow doesn't trip my trigger that's one reason I shoot aluminum shafting if the lighted nock fails I can go to the metal detector. I try to NEVER leave an arrow in a field being tilled
Old 09-14-2009, 05:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Actually a telemetry device, so the arrow can be located by radio signals is much more practical and more effective. Don't see why someone isn't marketing it NOW! Oh yah, forgot about the lights are cool affect.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I too bought the Easton Tracers this year. I hope I dont get any problems from them. I am in need of a lighted nock.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

i too use the easton tracers with my horton and out of three i have no trouble yet out of two but one never worked right out of box. i contacted the guy i bought them from on ebay and he said i must have one of the old ones. seems old ones once turned on you can turn them off blinky mode but not completely off. they die in a matter of days. easton supposedly has fixed this so they can be turned off until you want to use them. i was refunded my money for that one and guy sent me another free. i have had no problem from it