Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

crossbow ?

Old 08-30-2009, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by twinsticks
What about broadheads fixed or mechanicals I use sst wasps mechanicals on my high country compound bow and never had any problems .. and how about bolts and optics I like a scope with crosshairs now I have seen some with lighted ones like the hawk sr but if it is lighted wont that blind you in low light conditions.....
I prefer fixed broadheads since some mechanicals open in flight or fail to open if double banded; don't shoot through mesh well. To that end I have had great performance from Slick Trick magnums, a 4-bladed, low profile head. Superb terminal performance too.
Crossbows perform best with arrows hat have a much higher FOC ratio than verts. Try Gold Tip Lazer IIs, with 110 br brass inserts and 2" Blazers. With a 100 gr head will weigh 405 grns, FOC over 18%.
As for sighting, I LOVE the Hawke MAP on my Cyclone. It's 5 aimpoint match the trajectory of my Cyclone at 20,30,40 and 50 yards. It is realtively small so will fit the Toronado well; in fact a version of the Hawke scope is sold with Parker package deals.
It comes with a free trajectory program to match your trajectory with the aimpoints.
I shoot 2 recurves with lighted reticules, have yet to use one under hunting conditions. If it's too dark to shoot, a lighted reticule won't enable to see the (target) any clearer and, as you imply, may actually obscure it if too bright.

Best luck.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:33 AM
Spike

Well guys I bought the parker tornado from dave at Wyvern creations could not be happier with him spoke on the phone three times had it down between the stykefoce and tornado . He is a wealth of information selling you only what you need.... I will defienetly be buying from him agaign .. maybe the strykeforce to keep the tornado company...