Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Scorpyd RDT 125

Old 08-11-2009, 04:37 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Dnk
It's about 20 hours by car so don't make me come down there and drag you out of work to make you shoot that bow!
Ok !
Old 08-11-2009, 07:30 PM
ogg
Fork Horn

I was thinking about getting this bow..until I seen the price tag..ouch....Seems a little steep but i am still considering it.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:35 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by ogg
I was thinking about getting this bow..until I seen the price tag..ouch....Seems a little steep but i am still considering it.
I think it's worth every penny but that doesn't mean you should buy one just because I did.
While I haven't owned any, I have shouldered Ten Points, Excaliburs, Strykers, Hortons, and Parkers etc.
None of them compare to the feel, or balance in the off hand position, as well as the Scorpyd does for me.
The Scorpyd balances so well, it actually seems much lighter in weight than it is.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:34 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ogg
Yes it is steep compared to some bows but if you compare those fast bows as in apples to apples or to a BowTec or a Phantom then I think it is good value, maybe better value. Compare it to a Vixen or 6 Point Flex then yes but it is an unfair comparison. Get one! I'm still thrilled!
Old 08-12-2009, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Impressive specs. Weighs more than I'd like, twice-cut shoulders make holding a bow horizontal increasingly difficult. How about co treatment of customers and warranty?
Old 08-12-2009, 10:58 AM
ogg
Fork Horn

yea...what of warranty?id like to know before I decide
Old 08-12-2009, 12:01 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ogg
yea...what of warranty?id like to know before I decide
It is a life time limited warranty to the original owner. The owner Jim Kempf welcomes phone calls. 319 331 4700
Old 08-12-2009, 12:04 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Cossack
Impressive specs. Weighs more than I'd like, twice-cut shoulders make holding a bow horizontal increasingly difficult. How about co treatment of customers and warranty?
Boris, it is heavy at 9 lbs but when you shoot free hand the weight is close to the middle so if you put your left hand under the forearm and spread your hand it feels really nice! Very stable platform for shooting free hand. Benches on a shooting bag like an unlimited rifle too because of the riser. Too bad you don't live near me Boris.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:53 PM
Typical Buck

Finally got to shoot my Scorpyd today.
Only adjusted the scope to 20 yards today due to the fatigue from the heat.
The Hawke 3x scope performed pretty well; once I zeroed it in, I put the last 7 shots in the black.
The trigger pull is superb (every bit as good as the Accu-Trigger on my Savage MLII with its custom barrel)
There is just a slight bit of travel before a smooth break that feels about 2 1/2 to 3 lbs.
Forgot to bring my trigger pull guage.
My new Pact Chronograph failed to work properly so, I guess, I will have to send it back to the factory.
I would have crushed it under my feet if it didn't have a lifetime warranty.
Damn shame, I didn't get any speeds.
I sighted the bow in from a sitting position with my left elbow resting on my leg.
Pretty good testament to the trigger pull as it's not nearly as steady as from a bench.
The last 7 shots were in the black so I was pretty satisfied.
Here's a pic of the bow above the target.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:59 PM
Typical Buck

Default Scorpion vs Scorpyd

Here's a pic of my old PSE Scorpion compound beside my Scorpyd crossbow to show the difference in size.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.