Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Parker vs Horton >

Parker vs Horton

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Parker vs Horton

Old 04-05-2009, 05:35 AM

Default Parker vs Horton

Howdy. I have a Horton summit right now I'm going to upgrade I have had a horton legend 175 and liked itI'm considering the legend or possibly the Parker Buck Buster 175 there both in the price range I would like to stay in. Any oppinions on either would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 04-06-2009, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Parker vs Horton

I like my paker, its fast and smoth to me
Old 04-06-2009, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Indications are that Horton is having issues staying afloat. Have begun to outsourced production to China. Heard it is for sale. I'd go with one of the 'bigs': BowTech, Excalibur, Parker or Ten Point. All great companies that are likely to be here when you need them.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:57 PM
Fork Horn

My dad has a Parker Terminator HP and I have shot it. It is a great crossbow and is a pleasure to shoot. He got his crossbow from Wyvern (David) and got a very good price and fantastic service. I have no first hand experience with the Horton line.

Give David a call he won't steer you wrong 603-659-0575 or 603-502-3404.

Bob
Old 04-06-2009, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot a slew of xbows in Jackson, Ms last August. Several Hortons, 3 each Parker, Bnett and 10 pt.

I was impressed w/ the Buck Buster, think it was the 150# model but am not sure. I'd shot the other brands before but not the Parker line up.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:51 AM
Typical Buck

try the new parker tornado.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:16 PM

Great info guys I just saw that pse has a new one out the sidewinder 310fps. I wonder how there warranty is ?

Joe
Old 04-09-2009, 05:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

is it the China made ones? PSE ! personally i would go with one made here in case you need parts to your door in a week. the old saying about the cheapness of price is soon forgotten when the bitterness of repairing becomes a weekly part of your life. i had rather save up another 4-6 months and get a good used CB than a new walmart fallapart! [&o][:-][]
Old 04-16-2009, 06:29 AM
Spike

I would only say that I have valuable info on this because I've got a Parker Buck Buster 175 and my cousin got the Horton 175 and we have shot them together a few times.

Parker:
Quieter
Lighter

Horton:
The scope is easier to see through
Our other cousin used the Horton cocking device on my Parker and it broke, maybe bc it wasn't designed for mine, just saying.

They are both nice and I couldn't see any difference in power or accuracy. If I was going to get one again, I'd get the Parker. If you have long arms (I don't), try the Horton or the Parker Terminator. The Buck Buster is pretty compact.

Both xbows are good for the money.

Hope this helps, I'm just getting into hunting and crossbows but I got to shoot both of the ones you are looking at side by side so I just thought I'd throw in my .02
Old 05-14-2009, 09:14 PM
Fork Horn

I don't really know how you can consider Horton not one of "the bigs." They offer far more bows than does Bowtech. I don't think they're hurting, I think they're just trying to get some bows made cheap. I'm not hurting money wise but I cut a lot of my spending back because I just felt like it.

I can't say anything about Parker bows because I haven't shot one. I do know that my Horton has taken an whooping in the year that I've owned it and it still works great. God only knows what has happened to it before me. It's still accurate as hell, I've had great customer service. just my $.12. (I've been known to think too much hence the extra dime.)

Quick Reply: Parker vs Horton

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.