Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Newbi...Crossbow Scopes >

Newbi...Crossbow Scopes

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Newbi...Crossbow Scopes

Old 04-04-2009, 02:31 PM

Default Newbi...Crossbow Scopes

Looking for some good illuminated-range finding scopes.I have checked out the Hawke(HK3246) and the Tru Brite(TG8515CLC). I'm wondering what else might be out there for $300 or less. Any Help??????????
Old 04-04-2009, 03:42 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Newbi...Crossbow Scopes

Well I just bought the Hawke 3246 scope and am mounting it tonight and shooting it tomorrow. I know it'll be the only scope I'll ever need as I have hadtwo other scopes on my Xbow and they weren't range finding or illumanated. And the price was way under your $300 limit you stated. I am a happy camper!
BBO
Old 04-04-2009, 06:28 PM

BuddyBo...I've found that hawke on the web at $179.Where did you get yours and for how much???
Old 04-05-2009, 03:25 AM
Banned

Excalibur Lumizone, TenPoint 3x Proview , TruGlo
Old 04-05-2009, 04:27 AM
Typical Buck

Don, I bought mine from Wyvern Crossbows. I got matching rings (camo) and the scope for less than that.
BBO
Old 04-05-2009, 04:48 AM

Da Griz.... I've checked the Excal Lumina Zone out at the dealer. He had that one ona Parker Tornado I looked at (which is the one I'm seriously considering).It's nice but the Hawke IMO gives you more with the reticles and the Red-Green circles along with the ability to range pretty accurate plus a possible 60 yd point also.The Tru Glo Tru Brite is the other one I looked at. Nice scope but also IMO offers less than the Hawke HK3246. I will go and check the Ten Point 3X Proview, thanks for the come back .BBO, I talked with David at Wyvern Creations the other day about the Parker Tornado and the Barnett Predator. I got on the net and started looking to see whats out there and found the Hawke, so I will contact David about that. Sounds like he's still " Da Man".Thanks guys and Happy Hunting !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-20-2009, 09:36 PM
Spike

Don't buy a Lumizone!!! I have one and they are JUNK! Read the reviews on other websites and you will flnd that the rectical comes loose and rotates inside the scope. My Lumizone was working fine until I took it off of my Barnett Predator and put it on my new Bowtech Stryke Force. The whole front end feel off after about 20 shots. The tube is two pieces and the front is screwed into the windage / elevation housing. You want a scope that is a "one piece tube". I ordered a Hawke HK3246 in Camo. It is smaller and lighter than the Lumizone and has the same features. Ol'man
Old 11-21-2009, 05:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lumis are bigger but both lighted and variable power and have a lifetime warranty. The variable power ("speed ring") enables the reticule aimpoints to be adjusted to match to the trajectory of the arrow. The Hawke looks to be a single power (3X) scope, so trajectory compensation isn't possible without changing weight of the arrow. You can determine roughly where it will shoot by using their ballistic program.
Not being able to adjust the aimpoin may not be a problem if you're shooting one bow but keeping it all straight with more than one bow becomes senior-challenging.
I shoot 2 LumiZones on different speed bows, but they hit the same POI due to the variable power feature. Also shoot a Hawke MAP on my fast bow, by sheer coincidence it hits EXACTLY the same at 20,30, 40 and 50 yards as the other two.
The MAP isnt lighted, however, at $70 it is undoubledly the best bargain in crossbows extant.

PS Pass on the TruGlo, POS!!! Tow for two broke.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:02 AM
Banned

The Hawke scopes are great Can't beat them for the cost. Lumizone is also a very good scope. Lifetime warannty with thousands of satisfied users Ten Point 3x ProView is another good scope, life time warranty. It's all about which one works best for you
Old 11-21-2009, 10:05 AM
Fork Horn

Default scopes

Hawke, Tenpoint and Parker, all are equal and top of the line for now. Buyckeyefootball

Quick Reply: Newbi...Crossbow Scopes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.