Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 November Crossbow Buck >

November Crossbow Buck

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

November Crossbow Buck

Old 03-20-2009, 04:08 PM
Spike

Default November Crossbow Buck

Thought I'd share a picture of a buck I killed in November. It was ahunt I won't soon forget!

Old 03-20-2009, 04:34 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: November Crossbow Buck

WOW That's a great buck man. What is it? A 17 or 18 pointer or what? Good job on that buck with that Xbow. Congrats! Give us some details about the hunt and all that stuff. We love hearing about good hunts.
BBO
Old 03-20-2009, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats on taking a very nice Buck. bet that hunt will bring fond memories thru the years
Old 03-20-2009, 05:58 PM
Spike

Its a 15pt. depending on what you call points. He's got some stickers and stuff on his bases.

I took off from work the second week of November. I had been saving a spot just for the rut since it was a good funnel between a big pine thicket and a big hardwoods. Two days before I killed my buck I saw him with a hot doe but he would not leave her. I tried everything. That same day I saw a doe and a little one.

The morning of November 14th it was foggy so I gave myself some extra time to get to the woods. I was driving along when a little buck came running in front of me and I barely had time to hit the brakes. It messed up my truck pretty bad. I was so mad that I almost turned around and went home. I grabbed a tire iron and pryed my bumber from my tire and went hunting. ( like any good redneck would do )

I hurried up and got to my stand before it got too light. I didn't see anything until about 9:00. A young deer came through acting as if it were lost and had lost its mother. I was hoping that the mother had gotten seperated from her young because she had gone in to heat. At about 9:45 a doe came through with her mouth hanging open like she had been run all night. Behind her was a small buck and a few minutes later I heard a twig crack and caught a glimpse of a rack. I a blew a series of loud, aggresive grunts to change the bucks line of travel and it worked. I tried to stop him at 10 yds but he didn't stop until he winded me. He stopped behind some thick stuff so I didn't have a shot. Next, he turned around and started walking away and when he hit a clearing he stopped long enough to give me a shot.

When I finally got myself together enough to climb down and look at the bolt, my heart sank. It was covered with stomach fragments. So I went back to my truck and gave him two looong hours and I couldn't take it any more. I called a friend to help me track but he didn't go 65 yds. I had hit him in liver. (Thank God) Truly an awesome hunt!!
Old 03-21-2009, 07:38 AM
Fork Horn

Wow, that is an amazing buck, congrats, reminds me of a christmas tree for some reason, lol.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:29 PM
Fork Horn

Great Buck. Lots of character. Love those brow tines.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats! Nice buck and story!
Old 03-24-2009, 03:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

NICE buck ...gOOD job Chuck !!

dd
Old 03-24-2009, 05:03 AM

Nice buck, I bet he is going to make a beautiful mount. Congrats.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:11 PM

Now...That's a nice buck, I don't care who you are!! (To sort of paraphrase Larry the Cable Guy.) In over 30 trips to the deer woods last fall, I didn't see anything even close to that, so I know how rare the really nice ones are.

Quick Reply: November Crossbow Buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.