Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Scorpid RDT

Old 03-17-2009, 04:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Scorpid RDT

Nice looking crossbows

http://www.scorpyd.com/index.html
Old 03-17-2009, 08:01 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Scorpid RDT

I guess it could be nice lookingfor some, but for me, it is just to futuristic and complicated. I want something that is simple to use and maintain. The recurve style is best for me, easy to change strings, no pullies, cables orpins to worry about. But it is nice to view different styles as we all have different opinions as to what is best ( just ask what is the best broadhead )
Old 03-17-2009, 11:40 AM

Handled one a week ago at the Iowa Deer Classic, they are made right here in Iowa. Nice and light, folding stock for travel and packing. The guy says a 125 lb pull shoots 370 fps! Supposed to be quiet too. A bit pricey at 1,050 for the package for me. 950 show price. I think I'll stick to my deer killin Horton and see if they come down a bit. BTW Got my IowaLife Time Xbow permit in the mail yesterday!
Old 03-20-2009, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

looks alot like the recon & vision. very fast for 125 lb CB
Old 03-22-2009, 06:06 AM
Spike

Wow! 9 pounds! Weighs as much as my muzzel loader
Old 03-22-2009, 07:00 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I was talking to Danny Miller last week and he's waiting for his. He says it is only for play not serious hunting. The maker of RDT has much to do with the development and design of all of the reverse draw bows. Much is not being said! The story is interesting!
Old 03-25-2009, 07:05 PM

I think the Vision 175 is a lot nicer shaped reverse limb crossbow. I'd buy a 175 if they ever get it off the ground.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:56 AM
Fork Horn

Have shot the Scorpyd extensively and have followed Jim Kempf’s struggle to bring this unit to market over the past five years. Horton’s RDT crossbow was created after they worked on the Scorpyd under the pretenses that they were going to market it. Instead, they came out with their own version and put Jim back to square one. Jim has been persistent and has one heck of a bow. Quiet, accurate and fast! Construction is solid and only time will confirm durability, but it should be exceptional. I am impressed with the unit and will be using it on my spring bear hunt. Watch the pages of HBM for more hands on coverage of the Scorpyd Crossbow from both Geoffrey Toye, European Correspondent and the Publisher/Editor.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:35 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that it is made in America. Glad you said it Dan.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:03 AM

Hello out there in cyberspace. This is Jim Kempf from SCORPYD. Just wanted to set the record straight for those with inquiring minds that want to know. I started the development on the RDT style bows in late 2003, filed my firstPatent application in the fall of 2004, and was awarded the REVERSE DRAW CROSSBOW Patent in Feb 2008. The Patent for FRONT OF STRING TECHNOLOGY was awarded in April 2008. I originally licensed the product to Escalade Sports in 2005, cancelled this agreement in 2006, negotiated with Horton in 2006 thru early 2007, and subsequently decided to bring the bow out myself. Anyone else out there currently using this technology does not have a license to do so. Dan from Horizontal Archer can verify this is me, I justed placed my ad for the next issue.

I don't get on these sights very often, been VERY busy. We should have our online store and dealer locator up next week, at www.scorpyd.com. Get your order in early, its going to be a busy year for ALL manufacturers!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.