Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Parker Tornado

Old 03-02-2009, 01:28 PM

Default Parker Tornado

Bowhunter Superstore has them for $599.00 That pretty cheap compaired to other prices ive seen.Has anyone ordered from them before?
Old 03-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Parker Tornado

thats a great price,i shot one saturday at a sports show in va. shot really well,bow is real narrow when cocked . looks it would carry well also.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:38 PM

Also if you got to their website and scroll down onm the first page is a relayer for $799and a parker cyclone for 599$.Isnt that really cheap for one??Im looking on some feed back on them to make sure their legit and not going to rip me off.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:41 PM
Fork Horn

I have ordered from them several times without a problem. I always received my items quickly. I have read there return policy is store credit only though.

If you are looking for a Parker you should give Wyvern a call. My dad bought a Parker Terminator HP from him last year and his service was terrific. He ordered the xbow at about 4:30 PM and it was on his doorstep the next morning at 11:00 AM. We live in neighboring states and never expected to receive it that quick.

Here is his contact info:

Wyvern Creations, LLC
235 North River Road
Lee, NH 03824
603-659-0575
603-502-3404

Bob
Old 03-03-2009, 07:33 PM
Fork Horn

FYI, Parker has a MAP policy with all of its dealers. Bowhunter superstore is NOT an authorized Parker dealer which means that if you have a problem you have to send it to them, they have to send it to the warehouse they bought it from, who inturn sends it to Parker to have it fixed, then back to BS then back to you. Do yourself a favor and buy your bow from an authorized Parker dealer so if you have a problem you can get it taken care of without all the crap of dealing with someone Parker has no clue about...
Wyvern
Old 03-04-2009, 07:50 AM

I'll start out by giving you just a little history about Bowhunters Superstore from first hand knowledge. I started dealing with Bowhunters Superstore many years ago, in the mid 1980's, before the internet and when all we had were "mail order catalogs". They are located in Pennsylvania in a little town called Wellsville. They use to advertise in most major bow magazines which is how I first heard about them. They also use to attend the Bow Festival held annually in nearby York, Pennsylvania and I visited their store several times when I attended the bow festival. At that time they went by the name of Bowhunters Warehouse and they are in a large warehouse building in Wellsville. Anyway, for some reason unknown to me; they shut down and were gone for about five years. Now they've come back under the name of Bowhunters Superstore but they are in the same building and location when I visited them years ago. I visited their "reborn" store around two years ago when I was in Pennsylvania for a few days and only around 20 miles away. It is a big two story "candy store" for anything you may want that is archery / bow hunting related. Their prices are really competitive but as Horizontal Hunter mentioned, you have to be willing to take store credit on refunds so that is something I really take into consideration especially if the item is a high price item.

Those crossbows on the front page are going to be last years (2008 or older) models not that there is anything wrong with them as they are still considered new crossbows and full warranty applies.

I've dealt with them both prior and after their name change and have not had any problems with them. Sometimes they didn't have all of what I ordered in stock but they sent out the partial shipment without waiting for the other items to come in before shipping which I consider a very good attribute. I hate having an order hang up because of an item or two when I probably need the other items just as much and could be using them while awaiting the back ordered item(s).

Now, with all that being said, I too have started dealing with David at Wyvern Creations and I want to give him a "plug" also. He has excellent email and phone contact, is very knowlegeable about his products and willing to share his opinion, extremely fast shipping and will sometimes thrown in a few "goodies" to offset a manufacturers set price. He is an authorized dealer on several popular crossbows and is always willing to help out regardless of whether you buy from him or not. You can go on just about any bow forum and can find someone who has dealt with him and I've yet to find any negative comments regarding him or his service.

Good luck on your decision regarding the crossbow. My son is also very interested in the new Tornado and it is a nice handling compact crossbow.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:34 AM
ogg
Fork Horn

Thanks everyone.That settles it.when i go to order its going to be from Wyvern.has anyone chrono'ed the tornado yet??
Old 03-04-2009, 08:40 AM

ogg, were you looking at the tornado too?have you shot it through a chrono?(if so what speeds)That settled it for me also,i always read about Wyverns great service and now I know for sure thats who im going to order from.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:35 AM
ogg
Fork Horn

i havent shot it yet but it looks awesome.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I can tell you with first hand knowledge that Wyvern is the best to deal with. I have yet find anyone who is as good, nice, caring and all around concerned with YOUR happiness. Honest to GOD he goes out of his way to make YOU happy.

Good luck on the tornado. Let us know what you think when you get it.

Brian

Quick Reply: Parker Tornado

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.