Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 What crossbow target do you guys recommend? >

What crossbow target do you guys recommend?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

What crossbow target do you guys recommend?

Old 12-22-2008, 06:23 PM
Spike

Default RE: What crossbow target do you guys recommend?

I use sm board, isulation from work sites or from hardware store and cut to 3x3 and bought a bail of hay from a farmer for 2 dollars' and put it behind the insulation board.I print out targets off internet and hang them oh the board to shoot
Old 12-22-2008, 07:33 PM
mjn

I use the Cabellas blue block...works great with my flex shooting targets at mid setting...haven't shot it at full strength, so not sure how it would hold up, but I'm happy so far.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Morrell for me to!
Old 12-23-2008, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I really like the big Morrel but I find most of the bag targets work pretty well and take alot of shots.

I still have a couple of feed bags stuufed with rags hanging in the woods. Not real pretty but the price is right.

For the BH's I have been using a Reinhart 18/1 and I can't kill the thing. It stops a short crossbow arrow better than the "block" for me but I sure like shooting at target with a deer vitals on it.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:44 AM

For everyday practice, I've got an oldwoven plastic "burlap" bow target that came stuffed full of cotton ball-looking stuff which stops the arrows from my Parker Buck Buster (150#). It weighs about 25#. I'll be stuffing the innards into another burlap bag soon as the outer covering is about shot up.

While it's not a target, I needed something to shoot into after getting back to the truck from deer hunting. I took an empty Old Roy 25# dog food sack and stuffed itfull of old clothes, etc. and wrappedthat tight with duck tape. I just pop it out of the truck when I get back and shoot a practice arrow into it as a way of uncocking my crossbow. I got the idea off of this forum. It's got me through 30+ trips to the deer woods this year and is good for at least one more year before I'll need another Old Roy sack. By-the-way, this first year of using the crossbow brought five deer home, one a nice eight-pointer, successfully shooting deer from 15 to 35 yards. Alas, I've onlytaken the recurve out one time to date.