Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

horton crossbow

Old 11-06-2008, 10:20 AM

Default RE: horton crossbow

yeah i want something that could handle deer, because of work i cant get out during the muzzleloader and rifle seasons that you allowed to use crossbow, theres six of us and only one allowed off at a time, im lucky thou since im the only one who shoots archery i always get that off, but if i understand the pa crossbow laws right you can only use crossbow in archery season if your disabled, but anyone can use it in rifle and muzzleloader. so until i move up the ranks in seniority i dont expect to be getting out for those anytime soon.

i've looked at excals online, but i cant find anyone local who carrys them, and i would like to try shooting it first. i dont mind the extra cost, as i want good quality, but i want something thats comfortable to shoot, otherwise i wont use it and it'll just collect dust.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: horton crossbow

ORIGINAL: wilbar

yeah i want something that could handle deer, because of work i cant get out during the muzzleloader and rifle seasons that you allowed to use crossbow, theres six of us and only one allowed off at a time, im lucky thou since im the only one who shoots archery i always get that off, but if i understand the pa crossbow laws right you can only use crossbow in archery season if your disabled, but anyone can use it in rifle and muzzleloader. so until i move up the ranks in seniority i dont expect to be getting out for those anytime soon.

i've looked at excals online, but i cant find anyone local who carrys them, and i would like to try shooting it first. i dont mind the extra cost, as i want good quality, but i want something thats comfortable to shoot, otherwise i wont use it and it'll just collect dust.
watch out for BHSS, they have good prices but a store credit only on returns. Cabelas will take anything any time back but are a tad more than some net places. Danny Miller at [740] 483-2312 is one source, he's cheapest I've found on accessories but alas, can't match big box stores on bow prices. [Close though]

Danny Miller is a hoot! He'll talk your ear off most days and may know where you can test drive an Excal in your area.

There's an out of date some price list from him posted in the stickey under resources and links at the top of this page, compliments of Hotburn.

He only does business over the phone as far as I know, but have heard rumors he has a fax number, lol.

Excals have extremely high resale values in case you are dissapointed.