Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

CROSSBOW SCOPES

Old 09-24-2008, 02:09 PM

Default CROSSBOW SCOPES

LOOKING FOR A NEW CROSSBOW SCOPE

NEEDS GOOD FIELD OF VIEW AT 1O YARDS AND OUT
LIKE TO HAVE LIGHTED CROSS HAIRS
BRIGHT IN LOW LIGHT

ANY HELP PLEASE

THANKS YOU GUYS ARE A GREAT BUNCH
JIM
Old 09-24-2008, 04:33 PM
Banned

Default RE: CROSSBOW SCOPES

Lumizone or TenPoint ProView 3x
Old 09-24-2008, 04:58 PM
Fork Horn

Strange thing the internet...
With just a coupla clicks of the mouse...a whole wonder of things can be found, including scopes of all kinds.

Mike
Old 09-24-2008, 06:01 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Without question, that scope does not exist. What you describe is a rifle scope, but then it's all relative. No crossbow scope will ever compare to a B&L 4200 or a Vari X III. Pick them all up and check them out in. The best thing about the Excal scopes is their warranty. Probably the best in the industry.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:44 PM

Wide field of view at 10 yards? I question the need of any rifle type scope with magnificationto be used atcrossbow hunting shotranges of 30 to 35 yards. Looking through a scope with magnification at 10 yards in very low light conditions IMHO is, to a certain extent, a handicap. Keep in mind we are not talking about a 75to 100 yard shot across a field. In very close range low light shooting conditions,a zero magnification reflex sight with adjustable intensityilluminateddot is a good as it gets (shooting with both eyes open). With both eyes open, FOV is not an issue, both eyes are seeing the same image so depth perception and target acquisition are as good as it gets and you save a substantial amount of uneeded weight in the process. Holding on target is also easier with zero magnification when taking off hand hunting shots.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Do you guys think the Nikon with the BDC would work good?
Old 09-30-2008, 10:28 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

In my opinion one of the best scopes for this application is the 1.5 X 6 36mm B&L 4200. It is super bright and at 1.5 the field of view is very wide. The only thing I don't like about it is that it is eye relief critical.

Old 10-05-2008, 04:39 AM

HI ALL

GOT A LUMI ZONE FROM DAVID AT WYVERN

GOOD FIELD OF VEIW, NICE IN LOW LIGHT, GREAT LIGHTED CROSSHAIRS

VERY NICE SCOPE OVERALL

PLUS !!! DAVID IS ONE GREAT GUY TO DEAL WITH

JIM
Old 10-05-2008, 05:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

congrats on getting your CB scope. i have the Lumizone. i got it for 3-D shooting. i have used it for deer hunting but its miss phoenix turn to hunt for another week. then its miss vixen's turn with a scope i can see early light with.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:59 AM
Typical Buck

Crazy question. . .but how much do you guys value the lit reticle. It is ok, but I find myself not needing this feature. For me, it adds minimal value. I do prefer reticle sights over dot sights. If my battery dies, or it is off, I can still shoot.

Quick Reply: CROSSBOW SCOPES

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.