Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Crossbow forum has become SO quiet!! >

Crossbow forum has become SO quiet!!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Crossbow forum has become SO quiet!!

Old 09-16-2008, 08:52 PM

Default RE: Crossbow forum has become SO quiet!!

ORIGINAL: Planter
Ps.. Does that Savage have the accutrigger and heavy barrel. That's one companythat has really improved over the last 10 years.
Sorry, missed this...

Yes it has the accutrigger on it, and I had it further tuned down by the local gunsmith to a nice crisp one pound. It came being able to get down to 2.5 lbs, but 2.5 is still hard to pull and breath with will aiming at the same hole.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:54 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Here we go!!!! LOL! Next comes the bulk powders, then the shooting bench, then the high priced optics! Have fun Jason! Those Accutriggers are awesome!
Old 09-16-2008, 09:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Dnk

Here we go!!!! LOL! Next comes the bulk powders, then the shooting bench, then the high priced optics! Have fun Jason! Those Accutriggers are awesome!
Shooting bench, thats on the to do list of things to build!!

But I still can not muster up the desire to spend over three hundred on a scope. My Bushnell banner cost 160 or close, just about have myself talked into a 24X banner for 300, but can't imagine spending 500 to a 1000 on a scope. Somehow hope I never get to that point!

Old 09-17-2008, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Those are sweet groups alright!!Off bags or a caldwell? I just don't have a rifle that shoots that sweet.The problem is that all of my guns shoot far better than I do. I near killed myself last year sighting in an 11/87 SP with a great Leopold 2X7 shotgun scope but it is darn tough sighting in something that kicks back.
I do have a sweet little Model Seven SS .308 that I had a muzzle break installed on and I need to hunker down and see what I can get out of her.
I have thought about buying one of the one at a time reloaders just for fun but factory ammo shoots better than me. I don't think I will ever be a 1 moa kinda guy. To much work and concentration.

Oh yeah I have a crossbow too but I am happy shooting 3 inch groups with that. That puts me right in the lungs everytime at 20 yards.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

i am guilty i haven't been running my mouth lately Planter! use the 243, good very good! CB anyone ! hello where did the CB's go ? oh yeah ML's those are the cats meow! wahoooo!
Old 09-17-2008, 09:07 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

John, your Model 7 in 308 has a brake on it?
Old 09-17-2008, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Geez, like a family reunion here! Jason, those are awesome groups! I'd say you got that puppy dialed in.

Planter: I started reloading w/ $9.95 Lee Loader in .218 Bee. $1500 later,.....lol. No comparison between .17 HMR and .204 Ruger. Probably load the .204's for what the .17's cost.

Flipped a 4 whlr over backwards a few days ago going bear hunting. Trashed my Y25. Complete goner, except for riser and limbs. freak accident, wish it had been another freak, I hurt like hell.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

That tight of group from yer rifle, thats disgusting! go back and shoot again until they are spread out couple of inches like they should beawshucks all i can say is awshucks![]glad you have pains and aches, not feeling anything could be very badfor your health[:-].

Planter, i just shot miss vixen using the steelhead i used on the 1st 4 pt. last year.sighted in at 25 yds and shot at 30 off bench. Hit 2" low but center on vertical!can you say readylets rock n roll![][:-][8D]
Old 09-17-2008, 12:20 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: awshucks

Geez, like a family reunion here! Jason, those are awesome groups! I'd say you got that puppy dialed in.

Planter: I started reloading w/ $9.95 Lee Loader in .218 Bee. $1500 later,.....lol. No comparison between .17 HMR and .204 Ruger. Probably load the .204's for what the .17's cost.

Flipped a 4 whlr over backwards a few days ago going bear hunting. Trashed my Y25. Complete goner, except for riser and limbs. freak accident, wish it had been another freak, I hurt like hell.
Putz!
Old 09-17-2008, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

AWSHUCKS AWSHUCKS!

Quick Reply: Crossbow forum has become SO quiet!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.