Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Digger

Old 09-09-2008, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Digger

I have learned that he passed away this afternoon in his sleep. i found this info on the excal site. he was a wealth of info and a good man. he will be missed by many of us.[&o]
Old 09-10-2008, 03:57 AM

Default RE: Digger

Smoke,
I am sorry to hear of his passing. I certainly haven't been around long enough to have known him, heck I haven't even read any of his posts anywhere yet, I do know from your description of him that he must have been knowledgeable on the CB subject. That alone will make him missed on whatever forum he frequented. Good people with solid advice usually help these ole green horns like myself and it saves us from being separated form our cash for no reason other than advertising hype. I know I haven't posted but on a very few topics yet, I have learned a lot in a short time lurking around here reading and soaking it up like a sponge. What I read here influenced my ultimate purchase. I can only imagine how many newbies Digger influenced during his tenure on the forums. For that he is owed a debt of gratitude.
I for one am sorry for his untimely passing. I am sure he is missed on the boards and certainly by his loved ones and family.
Keep slingin em Digger.
tnerb
Old 09-10-2008, 06:24 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

He was an original forum member at the Excal site. He was a retired fire fighter in Toronto who also had one of the biggest Excal collections around. I found him to be a pretty gentle man with a great sense of humor. He will be greatly missed.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:31 AM

Man, I'm real sorry to hear that. He gave me a lot of info on another crossbow site and not too very long ago either. If anyone knows his family please give them my condolences. He will be missed on these forums.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

He helped me so many times and was always kind.
He knew so much about XCALS it was incredible
I will miss him

Go rest high on that mountain
Son your work on earth is done
Go to heaven a shoutin
Love for the father and the son
Old 09-11-2008, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have contacted Diggers daughter to see what the family needs
I will post her response
Old 09-11-2008, 09:24 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Doug will be well taken care of. He was a Firefighter and a Captain to boot. He will be well taken care of by his Firefighter brothers. It's nice to know that the family of someone we felt close to will be looked after. It's even better to see his other brothers offer a kind hand as well. Doug is getting something money can't buy.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Alpha - Omega.....Rest in Peace Doug....
Old 09-12-2008, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a Henegar stocked Paradox from Doug a few yrs ago, then sold him an Excal stock w/ Acudraw already installed. Small world, eh? He was a man of his word. I'll miss him.

My wife passed away a few years ago, she had a saying, "Every time a guy like that passes away, a library closes."

She didn't know squat about xbows, but the analogy applies here.