Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 NEWBE WHAT TO GET >

NEWBE WHAT TO GET

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

NEWBE WHAT TO GET

Old 09-03-2008, 03:38 PM

Default NEWBE WHAT TO GET

BUYING FIRST CROSSBOW NEED HELP !!!

WOULD LIKE TO STAY UNDER 600.00

HUNTING DEER ONLY

WHAT SHOULD I BUY

THANKS
JIM W.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: NEWBE WHAT TO GET

I was the same way, the wife told me not to spend a lot of money. What i bought last year for under 600.00 was a Horton 175 Hd team realtree crossbow . It comes with a red dot scope, quiver, 3 aluminum bolts, and a hard case. I love it . Killed 2 doe and a small 8 pt with it. And a turkey shooting Rage 2 blade expandables.

Old 09-03-2008, 04:19 PM
Fork Horn

This is a picture of my crossbow!!!

Old 09-03-2008, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Keep it simple, easy to maintain, great co. to stand behind your purchase. Excalibur Phoenix.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:28 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Any Excalibur!
Old 09-04-2008, 08:46 PM
Fork Horn

excalibur Equinox here.. I havent seen anything shoot as accurate as one. Ive shot quite a few bows and while some of the others look more fancy, the excal is simple to use and shoots fast and straight!

btw, check ebay for some good deals on any crossbows I saved 300 on mine brand new LOL
Old 09-04-2008, 09:04 PM
Fork Horn

I havent seen anything shoot as accurate as one.
Interesting thought...but...wait...my Darton Fireforce stuck one arrow into the back of the previous arrow from about 17 yards.... is that accurate enough.
MyDarton Impact is very much as good as the Fireforce...or actually...most any modern bow is as accurate or as bad as the person behind the trigger.

I quit shooting more than one arrow into a single dot (foam target) because good arrows get expensive!!

Cop - find a shop...put a couple of bows up to your shoulder...buy the one that feels the best, brand to brand, compound to recurve...most any current, American made bow will serve you well.
No matter what the brand...if you don't like the way it feels...you'll never like it or do well with it!

Mike
Old 09-05-2008, 05:45 AM

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE CARE

JIM W.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

"Interesting thought...but...wait...my Darton Fireforce stuck one arrow into the back of the previous arrow from about 17 yards.... is that accurate enough."
That's an interesting thought too. I've done it a total of 4 times now..with 2 Excals and a Parker.
One of them at 50 yards. Thought it was neat at first. Now consider it just 'spit' happens.
Don't shoot to the same point of aim any longer tho. As someone else hereabouts says on the signature: 'Robinhoods are not big thing, just a mistake.'
Old 09-05-2008, 01:30 PM
Fork Horn

As someone else hereabouts says on the signature: 'Robinhoods are not big thing, just a mistake.'
While this may be true if done one time.....I've added 1" target dots to my foam target....and every now and then I shoot more than one arrow into a single dot....

Make no mistake....while it's harder than made out to be per the great note quoted above...I've ruined a hand full of arrows!

I'd like to see this person shoot. I'd bet he's (she's) got holes all over their target!! And yea...hitting the target is a lucky shot!

When your shooting at a .340"-.350" diameter target...and can do it more than one time....it's not luck.

Mike

Quick Reply: NEWBE WHAT TO GET

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.