Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

BM Maxpoint

Old 08-29-2008, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default BM Maxpoint

Excal/Bear maxpoint on ebay bid is at $41 reserve of $400 for those who maybe interested. they shoot 340 fps
Old 09-01-2008, 06:40 PM

Default RE: BM Maxpoint

I saw it on ebay, too. My cousin in Georgia has one and his is only shooting a 368 grain arrow at anywhere between 300 to 305 fps. I don't know howthe one on ebayis shooting 340 fps. Itappears to haveround wheels (like my cousins),not cams and it is on a 13.5" power stroke which is the Vixen rail. My cousin bought his newin 2003 for $369.00 and from a pro shop. But, they ain't making them anymore so if you really want one I guess you're going to have to pay for it.

Added: 9/1/08

I tried to enlarge the photo on ebay and it came out grainy but his might have some type of hybrid wheel / cam and could possibly be shooting the speeds he indicates. I just know my cousin's doesn't but his is definitely round aluminum wheels that Jennings was famous for.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:28 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: graveyard zombie

I saw it on ebay, too. My cousin in Georgia has one and his is only shooting a 368 grain arrow at anywhere between 300 to 305 fps. I don't know howthe one on ebayis shooting 340 fps. Itappears to haveround wheels (like my cousins),not cams and it is on a 13.5" power stroke which is the Vixen rail. My cousin bought his newin 2003 for $369.00 and from a pro shop. But, they ain't making them anymore so if you really want one I guess you're going to have to pay for it.

Added: 9/1/08

I tried to enlarge the photo on ebay and it came out grainy but his might have some type of hybrid wheel / cam and could possibly be shooting the speeds he indicates. I just know my cousin's doesn't but his is definitely round aluminum wheels that Jennings was famous for.
They made two models one on a vixen frame 150lbs. and one on a exomag frame 175lbs. The 150lb. is rare and hard to find.

Martin
Old 09-03-2008, 11:14 AM

Thanks Martin,

Icalled my cousin and told him he apparently had a rare and hard tofind model. He saidit was the only one thedealer had leftwhen he bought it.Healso confirmedit isonly a 150 model and the dealer couldn't sell it because everyone wanted the 175's that he was sold out of. My cousin said he hasn't had any problems with his but he knows of two guys who have the 175's and gripe about the string wearing out really quick on theirs. I guess that is the price you pay sometimes for speed.

Thanks again,

GZ