Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 UBNJ Pres Arrogant Response >

UBNJ Pres Arrogant Response

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

UBNJ Pres Arrogant Response

Old 07-14-2008, 09:14 AM
Fork Horn

Default UBNJ Pres Arrogant Response

A friend sent this to me to post.

I had sent Joe Mills an email a few days ago and heres his response!!! (my email to him is below his response)

It's interesting that you identify yourself only as XXXXX. We are not ignoring our survey we am just not willing to manipulate it the way the Division has manipulated theirs. The crossbow is not a bow it is more of a gun. The Divisions precedent has always been the more primitive weapon has the earliest season, the crossGUN belongs in a separate season with a separate definition and a separate permit, just like the muzzleloader. UBNJ will fight to preserve the bowseason for the bow hunter. Hand held, hand drawn archery equipment that requires skill, dedication, and practice to master, should not have a weapon like the crossgun lumped in with. Just point and click and throw bolts all over the woods. It because the proponents of the crossbow do not wish to take the time to get it properly introduced into the gamecode and because they are afraid of what will happen when the public weighs in on this.

XXXXXX, if that is your real name, do not disguise your greed to force the crossgun down the throats of the rest of the archery community as an impassioned movement for the benefit of all hunters. The "facts" you point to are from other States where harvest limits make comparison to NJ completely absurd. The proponents of the crossbow are the "tiny click" and are doing everything they can to try to convience people otherwise. In the end if the Division doesn't act responsibly it will be up to the Sportsmen of NJ to act accordingly.
Sincerely Joe Mills
President United Bowhunters of New Jersey
----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2008 6:47 PM
Subject: well Joe Mills

It seems you say your org. is for ALL bowhunters but you still seem against the results of your own survey. The facts for harvest rates between vertical and crossBOW are just about exactly the same. Why do you oppose them so much. The fall season does not belong to vertical bowhunters only and I hope the DFGW sees that choice for all is far better than what a few thousand in a tiny click in NJ think!!!!
Old 07-17-2008, 07:18 AM

Default RE: UBNJ Pres Arrogant Response

That's great Joe. Just what we need in NJ, another separate "season". Translation = another way for the state government to make us buy additional permits. I can't wait to move out of NJ. Too bad I own a business here and I will have to wait until retirement. I could not believe what i was reading when i saw the copy of that letter. What were the statistics among members of his organization when asked if they would like the crossbow legalized?
Old 07-17-2008, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: fitpays

That's great Joe. Just what we need in NJ, another separate "season". Translation = another way for the state government to make us buy additional permits. I can't wait to move out of NJ. Too bad I own a business here and I will have to wait until retirement. I could not believe what i was reading when i saw the copy of that letter. What were the statistics among members of his organization when asked if they would like the crossbow legalized?
about "split down the middle" [:@][:@][:@]?
Old 07-17-2008, 08:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

The guy sounds like a real idiot. Distributing that letter would probably do more to support your cause than just about anything. The anti-crossbow folks continue to shoot themselves in their own feet thru their own stupidity and lack of ability to discuss the subject intelligently.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:19 AM
Fork Horn

I had posted this the other day, as well. Please feel free to read what the UBNJ Pres said to its membership. Notice the different tone.

UBNJ Campfire Article by Pres
Old 07-17-2008, 09:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

I love the continued use of "no matter how you slice it" crossbows aren't bows. Uh, the last time that i checked, it is a bow and string that shoots an arrow. These folks are brilliant.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

you know its funny how a lot of people here say a crossBOW isnt realy a bow but the forum is under ARCHERY.Maybe they need to be Bit_h slaped....Wow did I just type that.
I wasnt going to bring it up being how some anti will asked to have it moved to the (gulp) gun forum....
Old 07-17-2008, 11:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Most guys like that have never even touched a crossbow, know absolutely nothing about them and would act like you were trying to force feed them with nuclear waste if you invited them to shoot one. The ones who have used both a modern compound and a modern crossbow in real life hunting situations and oppose them, I can respect their opinion even if I disagree with them. At least they have an informed opinion. It's people who are totally ignorant, and willfully remain so, that disgust me.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Right on Arthur..
Old 07-17-2008, 07:48 PM
KLS
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

Most guys like that have never even touched a crossbow, know absolutely nothing about them and would act like you were trying to force feed them with nuclear waste if you invited them to shoot one. The ones who have used both a modern compound and a modern crossbow in real life hunting situations and oppose them, I can respect their opinion even if I disagree with them. At least they have an informed opinion. It's people who are totally ignorant, and willfully remain so, that disgust me.

no doubt there...

another thing that makes me laugh in that argument is the fact that they all seem to agree that its ok for a disabled person to use a crossbow during archery season, I find it kind of funny howin the hands of a disabled person a crossbow is considered "archery equipment" and allowable during achery season, but in the hands of anyone else its considered something completely different and should be outlawed...

but, like anything else in this world its usually the people in the same group fighting for a common cause who are their own worse enemies...

I guess I just have a different way of looking at things, I just dont see what the big deal is...