Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Thinking About Getting A Lumizone Scope ! >

Thinking About Getting A Lumizone Scope !

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Thinking About Getting A Lumizone Scope !

Old 07-13-2008, 11:12 PM

Default Thinking About Getting A Lumizone Scope !

Im Thinking about getting A Lumizone Scope What Do yall think ? for my Parker Hurricane ! How good are they & are they tough to handle 350 FPS ! & are they good quality ! I like the scopes Thanks yall ! & can I get Blizzard scope covers for them ???
Old 07-14-2008, 12:10 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Thinking About Getting A Lumizone Scope !

From what i've read, seems like a very good scope. Heres the link to read the description etc. http://www.beebusyoutdoors.com/lucrsc2.html
Now on the vari-zone it states between 240 and 360fps
http://www.beebusyoutdoors.com/variz...ope-22433.html

Old 07-14-2008, 12:49 AM

Thanks Busy Bee Outdoors
Old 07-14-2008, 04:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

i have it on my phoenix that i shoot 3-D with. 350fps is all it shows, but i haven't read the paperwork. so far i like it well enough for its multi range and larger view. they carry a great warranty. now the only con i have about the scope. if your used to a varible it isn't going to give you that. it stays the same view from 250 fps to 350 fps. the reason i like for 3-D shoots is after i mentally decide my shot yardage i put my xhair or trimark on target and shoot.

you know me and my eyes are not near what theywere years ago. so i like a varible when i hunt if i need the magnafication i want itnow and to see any small limbs in between me and my game. 1.5-4.5 is decent, my pick is 1.5 -6x. [:-]
Old 07-14-2008, 06:42 AM

Do yourself a favor and compare themat a dealer if you can. I bought a major brand crossbow rifle-type scope for testing and when the illuminationwas switched on the internal reflections were so bad I could not see through the thing. Totally useless IMO. I gave it to a friend that obviously has much lower expectations than I do :-) For my old eyes a good quality reflex red dot can't be topped. I don't need magnification to shoot a deer at 30 yards................or 50 yards for that matter. I also shoot reflex sights on my 3D crossbow, sighted in for 30/40/50 yards.

Old 07-14-2008, 07:41 AM

Thanks For the Info Smoke polehall My Bushnels Elites Are shooting great ! But At 40 yards that is My maximum Shooting range I just Wish I had more To aim Buy ! I kind like the lines for distances ! Iam also thinking about the Truglo Illuminated I have heard good review s on that scope !
Old 07-14-2008, 07:42 AM

Nice setup Moonkryket
Old 07-14-2008, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Works great on my Cyclone. Zerod at 25 yards I'm using the first aimpoint down for 42 yard shots. Only 6-7" trajecoty drop. Don't use the illumination feature much but it's comforting to know it's there for early morning and end of day hunts. Good clear image, great field of view. Use the highest speed setting for your Hurricane.
$107 free shipping http://www.crossbowhuntingpro.com/co..._shipping.html
Old 07-14-2008, 10:03 AM

ORIGINAL: Cossack

Works great on my Cyclone. Zerod at 25 yards I'm using the first aimpoint down for 42 yard shots. Only 6-7" trajecoty drop. Don't use the illumination feature much but it's comforting to know it's there for early morning and end of day hunts. Good clear image, great field of view. Use the highest speed setting for your Hurricane.
$107 free shipping http://www.crossbowhuntingpro.com/content-product_info/product_id-2142/excalibur_crossbow_vari_zone_scope_free_shipping.h tml
I bought the Lumizone I cant wait Im glad Im not the only one putting an Excal scope on a Parker LOL Thanks for writing Me ! kvjohndeere