Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Morrell Crossbow Target bag >

Morrell Crossbow Target bag

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Morrell Crossbow Target bag

Old 07-11-2008, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Morrell Crossbow Target bag

Tested the Morrell Crossbow target bag last night. It's 20x20x16, made expressly for fast crossbow arrows with field tips. Shooing into it at 350 fps, using 425 gr arrows, at 25 yards the penetration is not even HALF their length.
Old 07-12-2008, 03:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Morrell Crossbow Target bag

How hard was it to pull them out?
Old 07-12-2008, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Morrell Super Duper bag and at 20yrds I only get about 1/2 penitration.
Old 07-12-2008, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Easy as pie, Gimph. Two fingers normally do it.
Old 07-12-2008, 04:50 PM
Fork Horn

I'm shooting at just over 400 fps (original Stryker) and shoot at my smiley face special crossbow box. I had to buy an arrow puller to remove the arrows. I love shooting this bow but it's been hard on my tender shoulders. I'm not shooting it often enough right now because I'm still healing from a successful 2nd round of shoulder surgeries. If I could pull mine out without the grunting and groaning it sure would increase my practice time. Since I have to remove my sight to fit in it's case. So I have to re-sight it in every time I remove it.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gimph...
Try spraying the arrows with Jig-A-Loo, it goes on wet but dries to a slick film in minutes. Prevents arrows from sticking in foam tagets and bags too. Great rail lube too.

Old 07-12-2008, 07:27 PM
Spike

I would think jigaloo or anything short of something sticky would only lubricate the arrows and allow for deeper penetration.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

For some reason it dont' work that way. Arrows don't go in any deeper but come out easier.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cossack showed me the jig-a-loo and even sprayed some arrows for me the only problem is I cant find it,wal-mart dosnt have it anymore and non at menards,when I find it I will p/u 3-4 cans...Its awsome stuff.....for alot of other things to so I hope.....
Old 07-13-2008, 06:26 AM
Spike

Mechanism of target: All we want from a target (actualy, the back stop) is to provide sufficient interference withthe arrow's flight for no less than, say, 5".

Penetration itself is not required. Only the interference.

Why is that distinction important? because I found I can use a bag full of LOOSE old clothes as a target, and the arrow (BH) wont penetrate at all. The cloth is light and looseenough that it moves with the arrow for about 10", depleting all it's energy.

On rear occasions that it did penetrate (probably dense clothes), I reached in from the top of the bag, and unscrewed the BH. field point is an easy pull out.

I guess hanging clothes will do the trick even better. But didnt try it yet.

Quick Reply: Morrell Crossbow Target bag

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.