Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

stock swapping?

Old 07-03-2008, 02:21 PM
KLS
Fork Horn

Default stock swapping?

what exactly keeps the excal's thumbhole stock from interchanging with the regular one?

I dont mind the regular stock but I think I'd maybe like a thumbhole better, but it would have to fit my phoenix, awshucks sent me a link a while back that had some awesome custom made thumbhole stocksfor sale and thats probably the route I'm going to take regaurdless(if they're still even available),but I'm still curious as to what exactly keeps the excal stocksfrom intercanging
Old 07-03-2008, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: stock swapping?

no the thumbhole stocks will not interchange. i never had one to try but several have tried it and they're too narrow i think is what was said.

ask Digger he knows as much or more than i do about excals, lol i get alot of my info and learning from him. oh yes he is sharp as a tack on alot of CB stuff!
Old 07-03-2008, 03:04 PM

Smoke is correct. The trigger location, front to rear, is also different. I personally like the feel of the regular stock the best and the trigger feel seems better. Not bashing Excal, but they could have done a better job on the thumbhole/trigger design by keeping the regular trigger geometry.

Old 07-03-2008, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Opinions about the thumbhole stock are like belly buttons....most everyone has one. And I happen to really like mine (TH stock that is).
Old 07-03-2008, 07:37 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cossack

Opinions about the thumbhole stock are like belly buttons....most everyone has one. And I happen to really like mine (TH stock that is).
LOL!
Old 07-03-2008, 09:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like the thumb hole on both mine but I keep jamming my thumb with the Y25[&o],got in the habit of extending my thumb out when I bring my trigger hand up and no hole there for my thumb but Iam getting better.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:50 PM

ORIGINAL: Cossack

That can be said about every topic posted on this site except high prices I think. But I do value mine more than I do yours