Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Whupped Again!

Old 06-21-2008, 05:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Whupped Again!

Just got back from Ok City Sooner games. Smoke and I shot the 3-D. The old coon waxed my ears again. 232 miles one way, 20 shots on the course. Yeah, I know something loose somewhere, lol. He averaged 9 pts per shot, I got about 8 pts per. 184 to 168. didn't see any other xbowers, but there were a few on the course when we left for home. Got kinda toasty around noon. There was a Barnett display there w/ tickets for a drawing for a free bow. Neither of us filled one out, lol. I thought the course was good, and somewhat tough. It had challenging shot windows like real hunting, rough standing at the stakes, speaking of which, we drew the farthest ones from the targets. Pics to follow when I get time, been on the run since 3 a.m.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Whupped Again!

Why didn't you enter the drawing for the Barnett crossbow?
Old 06-21-2008, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Urban Legend

Why didn't you enter the drawing for the Barnett crossbow?
Mighta won it, lol.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:29 PM
Fork Horn

Come on. There not that bad. Even if you didn't want it you could have donated it to any number of organizations that help the handicap or children. You make it sound like winning would have been a problem for you. BTW, was the brand you were shooting there giving away free crossbows?
Old 06-22-2008, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well Urban maybe if you had one blow up in your face like Dan did,a Quad
400 if I remember correctly,you might feel like some of us do about the
bow in question,to each his own,whatever the reason.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:49 AM
Banned

Have to go along with AwShucks and Coyote! Owned a couple years back and they weren't worth squat. I haven't been convinced they are any better now!

I guess it might be a good idea by Barnett to give some away.That might help build their reputation . That is, IF the new bows are of great quality and reliability! AND if they stand behind them with a life time warranty!!
Old 06-22-2008, 08:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

LOL! Poor guy gets his butt kicked in at the shoot, then gets reamed out for not entering a drawing.

Hasn't exactly been your day, has it, awshucks... I'm on your side, bud. I don't enter drawings for junk I don't want either. Let the people who actually want the stuff win it.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:30 AM
Fork Horn

I don't mind that he didn't want to enter the drawing, that truly is his personal preference. And I totally understand where he would be coming from if he did have one blow up in his face. I guess what kinda got me thinking is the whole LOL comments. I just think as hard as it is to get people outside of the crossbow world to accept crossbows, we don't need people within helping too. I know this might have been just the way I perceived it because from what little I know about Awshucks, I'm glad he's on our side of the fight. No disrespect meant to Awshucks.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Urban Legend

Come on. There not that bad. Even if you didn't want it you could have donated it to any number of organizations that help the handicap or children. You make it sound like winning would have been a problem for you. BTW, was the brand you were shooting there giving away free crossbows?
I've had 3 Barnetts in my life. The first was a recurve commando, ate string servings like crazy, but a neat little bow. I still remember the treatment I got from their CS at the time. Next was a compound, lousy trigger, only had it a short time as I lost my disability permit to hunt w/ one. Can't remember the model even. Then came the Quad 400 that played grenade w/ me. It had a 12-15 lb trigger and would not group under 2" at 20 yds. Had it lived, it may have been suitable for deer hunting, but I wouldn't want to try a turkey or shoot 3-D w/ one.

Then there's their incident w/ co being in receivership or whatever a year opr so back. guys were searching the net frantically looking for parts, wondering about their bows that were in for repair. No biggie, but as soon as they got back on their feet, I believe they brought out the Revolution model. There were something like 4 problems, but "Barnett is going to replace them". Not a glowing fresh start imho.

Now they offer the Predator. The one I saw has a plastic trigger. I was told that will be changed. However, all new Barnetts have a one year warranty. Imho, they screwed the pooch there.

I wish Barnett, their dealers and their customers well. Competition is a good thing. There are many people who have them and have never had a problem. Guys that post here like Mr and Mrs Treeclimber, Moxie, and a few others that I can recall.

Kudos to them for giving a bow[s] away at the Sooner Games. I was under the impression that was a dealer promotion. Speaking of which, there's more than a few of them that won't carry the brand due to past problems w/ quality. Reminds me of a saying I heard one time. "Not every car you buy at the auction is a lemon, but all lemons end up at the auction."

Old 06-22-2008, 08:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Who knows? Maybe someone was there who has been thinking about trying a crossbow and didn't want to drop the dime to buy one. Maybe he won it and today there is a new crossbow shooter. You never know how things like that are going to turn out. Luck of the draw, as they say.

Might have been nice to add another slip of paper or two into the box so they could see how much interest there is in crossbows in the OKC area, but...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.