Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Dryfire Club

Old 06-18-2008, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Dryfire Club

1st off a BIG THANK YOU to Cossack/Boris for haveing me outto his home today.........
Yep it is so,after 25yrs I finaly did it.[]............I dryfirerd[:@] the Y25 and it took it like a well made bow should.....No damage and nothing said,we both new what happend.........
I was out at Boris's(cossack)house today and had a very good time for the little time I was there,I have made a note to myself to plan at least 6 hours minnxt time I go due to the fact he is full of information/knowlage [X(],I had a fun time sighting in the Y25 due to the fact he has a awsome yard witha great shooting(not like mine witch is limited)area for bows witch brings me to the dryfire...I was sitting on the deck after finaly getting sited inand was going to shoot but my mind was on site ajustment and it happend,I cocked the Y25 aimed and WHAM new it right away what I had done and after wechecked the limbs over I recocked and shot again with no problems,I also got to shoot his Parker to witch all I can say is its fast.....
Got to chrono the Y25 with 409.5grn arrows and it did 315 witch made me happy.
I will stop here..
Once again thaks for the fun time Boris...

Jim F.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Dryfire Club

gee you had to bring up that dryfire stuff, just never let it go! [&o]yes i admitt it having done that dismal deed not with just my 1st Phoenix but also with the exocet 200. i bet the phoenix i have now has been dryfired as i traded for it. lucky for me it was with the excel strings and not the FFF type.[8D]
Old 06-18-2008, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Jim, I had a good time too, both shooting and visiting about "man toys." The y25 looks great. It's stock fits like it was made for ME (you sure it's got your name on it?). I'm down to two bows at the moment; thinkin' the Vortex and Cyclone just may need some company.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'am sure there is one out there calling your nameafter all I have a dryfire on it and I'am sure,no,positive you wouldn't want it now..........
Old 06-19-2008, 06:18 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I think we have a new club president!
Old 06-19-2008, 01:30 PM

I too have had a couple of dry-fires with my Vixens and one with a Wolverine, just wasn't concentrating on the business at hand. Took place over the last tenyears every 3 years or so. 150 lb Excals are pretty well bullet proof. I'm going to be extra cautious with Y25 Relayer though.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to the club.
The list is long but distingushed
Old 06-19-2008, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dnk

I think we have a new club president!
Untill the nxt person Mans-up .......
Old 06-20-2008, 11:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've had a couple of dry fires with my primitive crossbows. That stinkin' trigger is in exactly the right spot to hit my knee and, if I'm not careful how I move after I get it cocked... well, in the words of Sgt York while holding his pistol on a German officer,"This thang touches off kinda easy."
Old 06-20-2008, 08:34 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

I've had a couple of dry fires with my primitive crossbows. That stinkin' trigger is in exactly the right spot to hit my knee and, if I'm not careful how I move after I get it cocked... well, in the words of Sgt York while holding his pistol on a German officer,"This thang touches off kinda easy."
Sgt York, wasn't he the brilliant soldier that whacked the approaching enemy from the furthest to the nearest Art? He figured he could get them all if the ones he dropped weren't noticed by the ones infront?

Quick Reply: Dryfire Club

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.