Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Rail Lube question >

Rail Lube question

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Rail Lube question

Old 05-04-2008, 02:41 PM

Default Rail Lube question

I'm curious and am hoping I can get an explanation here. Some crossbows have teflon impreganated barrels like Darton and Desert Stryker while other models like Parker have teflon slides on top of the arrow tracks. I noticed that Ten Points and Barnetts and Horton don't seem to have this particular feature. Why is that. Also, what is the best type of rail lube to use. My friend uses a teflon spray rather than rail lube. Is this a viable substitute?

When I looked at the Ten Points a few days ago I noticed that therewas no teflon on the rail and no mention of it in the literature that I was reading. In fact, it seemed that the barrel and the rail were all one solid piece, unlike the Darton xbows I've looked at. I saw the section on rail lube and began wondering. Is having the teflon a definite advantage over NOT having it or is it just a gimmick?
Old 05-04-2008, 03:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Rail Lube question

For what it's worth...I don't use anything. Just keep it clean...and
I've found that just keeping the serving well waxed works as well as anything.

On plastic rails...don't know.
Despite the as advertized "Teflon Impregnated"...hard anodozed surfaces are very slippery as the BowTech and Darton rail is.
Darton strings will live a VERY long life because of the light string to rail load.
Though I do have a Quad 400...as I noted I just keep the serving waxed...I really don't shoot it much so I kan't really comment on serving/string life.

Mike
Old 05-04-2008, 03:25 PM
Banned

I use a Dry Film Teflon Spray. I've found it to be terrific. The barrel is slick as can be after spraying it. I wipe of the excess in the barrel channel after spraying. I re-spray after 100 shots. Serving wear in almost
non-existent. It drys within seconds so it does not collect dust balls, etc.
Old 05-04-2008, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

What Griz said very good advice!
Old 05-04-2008, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Parker says not to use any lube on their Teflon rails. I find that Jig-A-Loo, a dry spray on lube I purchase at WalMart, works great on rails of my Excalibur and to lube arrows os they don't stick in foam targets.
Old 05-04-2008, 05:48 PM
ogg
Fork Horn

what about excaliber cbs?

Old 05-04-2008, 05:59 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ogg

what about excaliber cbs?
Just wax the string, serving an all and you'll have done good.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Da Griz: Wherecan you get that Dry Film Teflon Spray?
Old 05-11-2008, 06:35 PM

The best I've found is a dry lube called "Jigaloo". Spray on lightly and wipe off with a paper towel and it's instantly dry and does not attract dust particles. You can get it at Home Depot or Wal-Mart. It has a very faint citrus smell as compared to some of the strong smelling teflon sprays. I never use oils on crossbow barrel decks. Jigaloo alsoworks great on carbon arrows, making them easy to pull from 3D targets.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:06 AM
Banned

You can buythe Teflon Dry Film Lubedirectly from the manufacturer, Share Corporation Call 1-800-776-7192 extention 124 and talk to Tracy She will take care of you.

Quick Reply: Rail Lube question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.