Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 opinions on PSE Rattler Crossbow as a 1st Crossbow >

opinions on PSE Rattler Crossbow as a 1st Crossbow

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

opinions on PSE Rattler Crossbow as a 1st Crossbow

Old 03-20-2008, 05:47 PM

Default RE: opinions on PSE Rattler Crossbow as a 1st Crossbow

Last time I checked, PSE was a manufacturer of premium archery equipment. They've been around since 79. Can you say the same for Ten Point, Excalibur, Parker and Bow Tech? I don't think so. I have no worries about them standing behind a product that has their name on it.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 03-20-2008, 07:45 PM
KLS
Fork Horn

Default RE: opinions on PSE Rattler Crossbow as a 1st Crossbow

I wouldnt be afraid to buy a rattler...

where its made doesnt matter much to me, its almost impossible to find anything thats actually "made in the USA" anymore... alot of things are assembled here and regaurded as "made in the USA" but the parts are made overseas regaudless, its just about impossible to find anything thats actually made in the USA anymore, or at least have a good share of its componants forein made

what matters more to me is the feed back that a product gets from peole that actually own and use it and although there isnt much feedback on the rattler just about every honest report I see gives it a good review, that says alot more to me than how much it costs or where its made...
Old 04-08-2010, 09:21 AM
Spike

I have an Exomax by Excalibur. Last year I shot a bear and, while I was bringing my buddies back to help me retrieve it, I rolled my truck. I was terrified that my bow would be destroyed but, a year later, it is still performing like new. I didn't even have to adjust the scope.

They will have to pry this bow out of my cold, dead hands.

Save your money until you can afford the Excalibur!
Old 04-13-2010, 04:25 AM
Spike

Default For the long run

Ive owned an Excalibur for 20+ years all I've ever done is change strings.

Things to consider over next 20 years if your thinking of owning a compound x-bow. .
-How many sets of cables/wheels would you go through? Every 2-3 years it's recommended to change . . . that's 7-10 sets!
-How much would that cost?. .There's your extra money for an Excalibur.
-Will the strings/wheels/cables still be readily available for your x-bow in 20 years? . .Lot of posts around where owner is looking to find cables for an older bow.
-Will your bow still have a warranty in 20 years? Excalibur's do.

The only excuse/reason I could come up with for buying the new Exocet last fall . . . my son is getting old enough to hunt.
Old 11-15-2020, 04:57 AM
Spike

I agree with the listed rules. but i think Crossbows must have a minimum draw weight of 75 pounds and a minimum stock length of 25 inches usage especially for the women crossbows There should be more-liberal regulations regarding bows.
Old 11-16-2020, 02:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Boo hoo, if you can't cock it you shouldn't be hunting with it. The poundage requirements are to assure that the bow is strong enough, not for making sure weaklings can cock the bow. Liberal rules are not rules, they are aqueaciences.
Old 12-14-2020, 10:15 AM
Spike

It seems too much
Old 12-23-2021, 01:07 PM
Spike

Hi, if you want an Excalibur, get one, if you can only have $300 to ’ve spent right now, save it and add to it, you should keep an eye out for guys selling a Phoenix, they come up every single time, from guys wanting to purchase newer faster Excaliburs, the Phoenix is a very good choice and often priced very reasonably, just put the word out on this forum and on the Excalibur forum, and you should find a Phoenix fairly quickly for a good price, I I'll keep my eyes peeled for one for you. Dave.