Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Tracer Nock Update >

Tracer Nock Update

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Tracer Nock Update

Old 02-26-2008, 06:21 AM
Fork Horn

Default Tracer Nock Update

Hi All:
OK, after talking to the Easton rep this weekend a few things came up. They are too loose for a Gold Tip carbon bolt (though they fit most all of the factory supplied carbons from Parker and Horton and such). I am getting in some other sizes and will be experimenting wiht them a bit since I like this design better than the Luminocks. Here is one thing that annoys me...and again, crossbows are strictly an afterthought here...Easton only has the single packs available for crossbows. If you have a vertical bow you can get a 4 pack and that includes a practice nock. Not with a crossbow. If you want a half dozen of your bolts set up with Tracer nocks you need to buy 6 individual packs at $10.00 each and there is a magnet in every pack. I even asked if they could be bought in bulk and got a flat "no" from the rep. Nice nock, but extreamly short sighted on Eastons part IMO...

Wyvern[/align][/align]
Old 03-18-2008, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Tracer Nock Update

Do you have to use the magnet that comes with the individual nock or can you use one from another package?
Old 03-18-2008, 06:32 PM
Fork Horn

the magnets are all the same, so any magnet from any pack will work. Actually any magnet that is strong enough will work just fine
Wyvern
Old 03-18-2008, 06:33 PM
Fork Horn

OH...a 2219 nock can be shaved down to fit in a Golt Tip bolt by the way...
Wyvern
Old 03-18-2008, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator

I use the Easton Axis ST with the luminok an have been very unimpressed with the luminok. Of the six that I purchased I have gotten one to work. I am very excited that someone has finally come out with something to give them a run for there money.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:20 PM
Super Moderator

Also where can we purchase these. I can only find them on E bay and I would rather get them from a reputable place.

Thanks
Kelly
Old 03-19-2008, 05:35 AM
Fork Horn

ANy dealer that sells Easton (that pretty well means just about every archery store in the USA) should at the very least be able to order them for you. I know that I am waiting for them to come back into stock. They are currently backorderd on me, butI should see more instock within a week or so. Check around, someone may have some still on their shelves.
Wyvern
Old 03-19-2008, 05:57 AM
Spike

I can't speak for the new production models but I have two of what must be the last ofthe original manufacturers production and they WILL COME ON BY THEMSELVES without any magnet around just a slight bump and they will come on I like the idea but the ones I have do have a problem
Old 03-19-2008, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wyvern~~ Hey hang on to all of those magnets, I have came close to loosing mine off of my compound twice but got lucky both times!!!

You will likely save yourself some headache one day as long as maybe help someone else out!!
Old 03-19-2008, 09:15 AM
Fork Horn

They have a sleep mode. (cant remember exactly the sequence for it, but it is with the instructions) and you can shut them off so they dont come on...
Wyvern

Quick Reply: Tracer Nock Update

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.