Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 What IS the best crossbow? >

What IS the best crossbow?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

What IS the best crossbow?

Old 01-30-2008, 12:25 PM

Default RE: What IS the best crossbow?

I have a old Horton Super Mag 150 and a newer Super Max 175 and both have been great bows. Last year I gave in to my Excal itch and love it! I only shot the Horton a few times this year, and the Excal Vortex went with me on all my hunts! The Ten Point guys seem to be just as happy if you have that kinda cash!
Old 01-30-2008, 12:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love my Hortno Hunter, the only thing I cannot stand about Horton models is that stupid dial-a-range!!![:@] Also, if I could change anything about my Hunter, I would make it just a SHADE lighter. That's one thing I noticed about the Exaclibur models, I dont think one goes over 7 lbs.?
Old 01-30-2008, 10:42 PM

The weight issue was what pushed me over the edge. I had to take a friend to a store to get some stuff and it was over an hour away. Well they had a Excal Exocet and when I picked it up it was all down hill for me. The weight was so much lighter, a few pounds seems like a lot!
Old 01-31-2008, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

It really does. When I was comparing my Explorer to the Hunter, I think the Explorer weighed in at 7.4 poound and the Hunter at 7.9. So i thought. "Not a big difference, I probably wont be able to tell a difference." WRONG! It is noticeably heavier. But I'm 18 so I need not be complaining about things being to heavy!haha
Old 01-31-2008, 12:04 PM

What do you think about Parker crossbows
Old 01-31-2008, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have you seen pictures of the Parker Cyslone? 18" wide when drawn, 6.5 lbs. Can't wait to hold one.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:14 PM
Fork Horn

I have shot the Parker Cyclone at the ATA show. Got them on order, but they will be a few months till they are available. It is fast, very stable, very comfortable, and is a bit quieter than the rest of their line. Uses the same trigger, so that is all good. They have a VERY cool quiver mount that attaches to the weaver rail underneath that I will put money on will work on the Stryker models (could not steal it to run over an check )

"The Ten Point guys seem to be just as happy if you have that kinda cash!"

Actually, Tenpointhasmodels that start at $399.00 and go up fromtheir. You only really hear about the Phantoms and such, but1/2 of their bows are in line with what you would spend to get an equivilent Horton or Parker or"fully outfitted" Excalibur (bow +scope Right stuff package). It is nice to be able to offer people a variety of brands and be able to work them into a good bow at pretty much any budget.

Wyvern

Old 01-31-2008, 06:31 PM

im getting me a excalibur vixen
Old 01-31-2008, 06:44 PM
Fork Horn

"im getting me a excalibur vixen"

Ya know..that brings upsomething that happend today (again) A customer contemplating a crossbow was not interested in a great shooting bow simply because it did not break that "300fps barrier" as I call it. IMO the Vixen and Phoenix are great bows that not only shoot plenty fast enough to do the job, but are quieter an more stable than the higher poundageExcals. Since this thread is about the "BEST crossbow" thing, what is all your opinions as to how much that 300fps + thing has to do with your choices??? Very curious as to youropinions....

Wyvern

Old 01-31-2008, 06:58 PM

ORIGINAL: mossbergman11

im getting me a excalibur vixen
You won't regret it. All the others will be jealous of that deerhide brown.

Quick Reply: What IS the best crossbow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.