Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

hunting

Old 01-24-2008, 12:57 PM

Default hunting

I was thinking about getting a cross bow for turkey hunting and was wondering if it would be a good idea thanks
Old 01-24-2008, 01:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: hunting

Positively!!! The only thing that I am playing around with are the broadheads. I am testing both the Magnus Bullheads (the 100gr small diameter ones) and the American Broadhead Turkey Terror as I myself like the idea of either chopping its head off, or not having a pass thru and having to run after a flying bird.

Thoughts anyone??? I would like opinions on my broadhead thoughts....and yes, I will be selling these

Wyvern
Old 01-24-2008, 01:16 PM
Fork Horn

For those who have not seen the Turkey Terrors yet....
Wyvern
Old 01-24-2008, 01:17 PM
Fork Horn

try again

Old 01-24-2008, 01:20 PM
Fork Horn

and the Magnus heads...

Old 01-24-2008, 01:48 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I like the looks of the Turkey Terror.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:58 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Sorry Goosehunter yes it is a great idea, just bring some valium to calm down when the action starts!
Old 01-24-2008, 02:05 PM

I am wanting to start turkey hunting, but there are not a bunch in my area. The turkeys where wiped out in Ohio when the pheasants left. or sooner. They have reintroduced them in Ohio and guys are doing really good in southern Ohio. I think only less then a dozen birds where taken in my county last year.

Dave, are the Magnus heads a mechanical head?

Also, if you have problems with HNI and pics, most of us use a host site like photo bucket and do not have to worry about only using one pic per post and resizing. You just click on the little yellow mountain in the tool bar and paste the address.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:15 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks...kinda a pain when you have several photos to show. No, the Magnus is a fixed blade like a gobbler guillotine, but has very strong helical blades and they can be resharpened. The collar is very well made too. I personaly am impressed with Magnus over all, but these are stinking cool. They have more info on their website http://www.magnusbroadheads.com/bullhead.html

Wyvern
Old 01-25-2008, 04:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Wyvern Crossbow

Positively!!! The only thing that I am playing around with are the broadheads. I am testing both the Magnus Bullheads (the 100gr small diameter ones) and the American Broadhead Turkey Terror as I myself like the idea of either chopping its head off, or not having a pass thru and having to run after a flying bird.

Thoughts anyone??? I would like opinions on my broadhead thoughts....and yes, I will be selling these

Wyvern
I've shot two turkeys and a chicken so far. Used the same arrow set up on all three. 100 gr Slick w/ Zwickey Grappler. Turkey #1 and the chicken [test target]were both 20 yds and w/ Phoenix the arrow stayed in and they dropped on the spot. Turkey #2 was w/ Emax at 30 yds and the arrow went thru it like Grant took Richmond and then another 20-30 yds. Turkey flopped a few feet and that was it. I was deer hunting at the time or would had Phoenix. Ruined the Zwickey. A word about them while I'm at it. While testing them at 30 yds, I noticed they had slid up the shaft and onto the vanes slightly in flight w/ Phoenix at about 285-290 fps. I put a small rubber o ring on the shaft behind them and my problem was solved. I did have the right size Zwickey btw.

Quick Reply: hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.